Need help deciding on a tattoo!

So I want to get my first tattoo and have been thinking a lot about it. I want to get it on my ribs and I know it'll hurt but I'm ready. What I need help with is deciding on exactly what to get, I don't want to steal something I saw on someone else. I want it to be personal.

So some background on me, I grew up in a religious home and got in trouble for being too wild, I want something small ish that I can hide if I want but can also show off in a bikini if I want. I was held down growing up and now I just want to be free.

Please help me out with this >_< thank you!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• look for things you like if you dont want the typical tattoo every one has do a google search type in artwork after. I've found some cool stuff that way. Also I have this really amazing peacock on my thigh going all the way up to my hip its huge, but my point is I looked at a bunch of different pictures and put them all together to create something amazing. My artist drew it out on me and she did a fantastic job. Just be creative with it and make sure it's absolutely something you will love! because it's there for life!!! :)

What Guys Said 7

• If you don't know what you want done you are not ready. An impulse tattoo or rushed design will eventually become a regret.

Look at artwork, think of symbolism you like and try to find an idea yourself then run it by people who know you. Once settled get it drawn up and pin it to the wall beside your bed for a month and see if still like the design and can't see flaws. If it holds out then get it done. A tattoo can last longer than you so why rush.

I have about 18 tattoos in many places so I'm not trying to put you off. You'll likely be looking at symbolism of freedom and growth for this tattoo so clich├ęs cover cages and birds escaping and spiritual symbols.

• That is what I want to do, I don't want to rush into it and I also don't want something really superficial. I just want to see if anyone has ideas that I could expand on. I know I want one and I know where I want it, I have been thinking about getting one for several years but I want it to be the right one.

• My advice but you won't want it: "Dont do it."

• All Tattoos look bad on females

• Just think what that will look like when you are 50. (I think tattoo's are ok on gals, but make sure you are sure.)

• Tattooing on bone is very painful. And I generally can't imagine a good tattoo on ribs.

I'm however a great fan of runic tattoos on spine :P

ithappenedtokailaiswear.files.wordpress.com/.../runes.jpg

• http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/1200x/bf/c7/0f/bfc70fdb244be66976f21b2806f40f8e.jpg check this out, I think they are beautiful. But wouldn't the spine hurt just as much?

• Yeah spine would hurt too. I don't know I just don't like tattoos on ribs /:

• So long as their girly and in hot spots then I approve.

• How about not getting a trashy low life tattoo hmm? how does that sound?

• I don't even understand why you responded to this of that's what you think

• I'm trying to prevent you from making the worst decision of your life.

What Girls Said 3

• Hi :)

My twin has some gorgeous tattoos on her and whenever she's coming up with a new one we always have a proper good think about what she's going to have. Think about things you would be happy to have on you for a long time, it should be something you can always relate to. Maybe a phrase in latin possibly? You mentioned you want to be and feel free, perhaps look into some animals or icons, different languages, mythological symbols...something that reflects how you feel and represents you. Perhaps even a quote from a book or poem that especially stands out to you?

But definitely have it in a place you can keep covered if you want, job interviews etc might be times when you'd rather not have tats on show :)

• I've been wanting to get my zodiac sign. If you get that, it won't be a stupid regret.

• If you're asking people on a site like this then you're probably not ready for a tattoo. You're ready when you know exactly what you want and where.