If you brush your hair does it grow?

Girls is it true if you brush your hair a lot it grows I heard of that one? I also heard it does damage to it is that true?
Has anyone tried it let me know below
Love you guys.

Girls only pleAse

Most Helpful Girl

• brushing the hair at the scalp can stimulate blood flow in the scalp (where the hair follicles are) which can promote hair growth. Brushing too much or too harshly though can cause breakage. Instead of brushing excessively you can brush as needed and gently, and then give yourself a scalp massage or take biotin.

What Guys Said 1

• Hair always grows the same, you can't really do anything to make it grow faster. For most persons hair grows around 1cm per month.

What Girls Said 3

• No, that's a myth. Hair is dead except for where it attaches at the roots on your scalp so brushing it won't make any difference, you may just end up with more breakage. Just condition to keep it healthy as it grows out and eat a healthy diet, there's really nothing you can do to make it grow faster.

• I don't think brushing makes it grow, but if you are brushing your hair hard (especially with knots) it can cause damage.

It is recommended when you brush your hair to start from the tips and then go up.

• Brushing can damage it, especially if it's curly, keeping it healthy and in protective hairstyles is better. There's a Long Hair Community with lots of great advice.