Guys, what do you think about modesty when it comes to how girls dress?

I've always been brought up in a christian home, and as I got older, I have always been taught on modesty by different people when it came to how I dressed. Now, I don't wear turtle necks and skirts that go down to my ankles all the time, but now that I'm 20, I don't follow these rules to a T. I do wear clothes that make me look attractive but not in a bad kind of way. ANYWAY, I'm getting off topic. GUYS if you notice a girl who's dressed "modestly", a way that wouldn't draw attention to her butt or boobs, would you think she's conservative, or a christian or perhaps none of these and think maybe she was a simple and decent looking gal? I've always been taught "don't make the boys stumble" and I feel like no matter what I wear, they will always be looking because...that's just how things work. I've been thinking about this whole modesty thing to be honest. One of my guy friends told me that modesty is truly attractive. I guess it depends on the guy really. SO guys, what do you think about modesty when it comes to how a girl dresses?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just assume that she was not the type of girl that liked too show skin, I would not assume she was religious at all, unless she had a symbol on. I do think modesty is attractive as it leaves something to the imagination about the girl. It would also depend on how the girl dresses though, if she is modestly but still stylish and looks good or not.

What Guys Said 5

• It is true that modesty can be quite attractive. If you are wearing, for instance, a super-low cut tank top with tight yoga pants that say "juicy", and then furry boots, the impression you give is basically that showing your boobs and butt are your primary goal, and thus things like personality and intelligence are secondary to you.

It's interesting when girls talk about their socially-acceptable dress code being too restrictive. A girl might face some criticism showing a lot of cleavage at work, but many places, like schools, don't even allow guys to wear tank tops. In many business environments, short sleeves even look too casual, and a low cut shirt showing chest hair is bound to make people see you as some sort of douche. Shorts must go past the knees or else you look "super-white". etc etc.

Generally, I don't judge too much or too heavy. But yeah, dressing a little modestly gives the appearance that you value more than your body, or you don't see yourself as praise-worthy just because you have a good body. It's a little harsh perhaps, but it's true. Clothing is your most conscious and visible choice about how you want to be perceived.

• i think she's just a normal good looking gal. not much more to it. i would probably just assume you're a nice girl.

• I wouldn't assume anything as there are to many defying factors. I'm honestly attracted to the conservative look.

• I would prefer they dress modestly so its easier not to be consumed by Sexual thoughts while talking to them.

And as you said you can still look very nice, its not like you have to wear Puritan clothes.

• I like that. It makes me think she isn't those bad type of girls.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the right kind of guys definitely find it attractive. Like it shows you have more respect for yourself :)