Do people like tanned girls better than white? I use fake tan, should I or not?

I am quite a white person, but I hate it. Do boys like girls who are tanned better?

I always fake tan, and I feel so much more confident about myself but its such a pain and I sometimes wonder if its even worth it sometimes.

So girls and guys, does fake tanning just look gross and un-natural, or is it better?

All of these boys are saying they like white better, this actually really surprises me! so should i stop fake tanning?
F:\2014 YEAR 12\Fotor0617201744.jpg

this should work, if not then oops...
this is the difference between my real skin colour and my fake tan skin.

Most Helpful Girl

• People are always asking me how I have such flawless skin. I never go into the sun, or wear make-up. Tanning, and make-up actually age your skin. No sun at all ever is also bad for your skin, because the vitamin E from sunlight is crucial for skin health. 20 minutes a day is good enough. Make-up can clog the pores and strip the moisture out of your face if it's reapplied too often or too heavily, especially if you don't properly remove all of it at the end of the day.

• you're so lucky then. you are obviously just so beautiful without makeup, and you have also been blessed with perfect skin.

• Thank you so much, your opinion there really helped. I rated you most helpful because of that previous opinion you sent. I think i needed to hear that, to make sure that im only tanning for myself and not for anyone else xo

• Thank you, and good luck!

What Guys Said 22

• I've never been into the strong tan look. Pics would help though cause words can be easily misunderstood.

• not sure how i can upload or show photos on here...

but ill try and upload something to compare if i can!

• http://oi58.tinypic.com/dhfswh.jpg

There's the link in cause someone notices

• haha thanks! everyone, below is a link to a COMPARISON picture. TANNED VS NOT TANNED! whats your opinion, which one looks better?

• I personally don't like tanned skin nearly as much as white. I always found it somewhat strange that we cherish the self-defense mechanism of the body against UV radiation. So faking it just seems silly to me. There is no way that is healthy for your skin.

• Just curious, why do people who sing covers have headphones on while singing? Do they listen to the song while singing to help them or something?

• And why are they always huge headphones? Why not in-ear buds or something lol

• If they're singing covers, then yes, it's to hear the music that they're covering. Also, these things have amazing quality, and also noise cancellation and isolation. I'm guessing they can hear themselves sing with the Blue Yeti's input being directed back into the headphones so they can hear themselves sing in the meantime, but I've never sung covers before so I'm not sure if this is true. The quality difference between studio headphones and buds is the difference between heaven and mud. If you have a spare 100$ in your pocket somewhere, I advise buying an Audio Technica ATH-M40x from Amazon, because it makes you hear sounds you've never heard before! IT'S AMAZING

• I like girls who look great and natural without using any shit...

Look the best you can without make-up and other stuff

Those girls I like
    ps... i like white more :D

• I like girls that are this color:

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../blank%2520page%2520shot.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e8/8e/84/e88e841a293f7e8fe43b3affddf27bf1.jpg

• but, for instance, ashley benson is just bloody hot anyway! im not that hot hahah, she's got more working for her than I do.

• you got a lengthy response up above

• The reason why these headphones are so good: d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/.../...Z_700b_v1.jpg

• Stop faking your looks. It's just so wrong. And it backfires in the future. Future situations. Everyone will find out that you were faking your look. You'll regret it.

• Hi. We are all looking for the real thing. Tan is sexy to most people just like clean teeth. But if its over the top or just more than the norm then it looks fake. Either way it only matters that you like it. ;)

• Well you can say that the tan need too "harmonize" with the rest of the body...some girls are just with tan good...some other girls just when they are white...:/
    But most of the time I like white girls more then girls with tan...^-^
    You asked if you should stop fake tanning.
    I would say:
    Ask yourself...when you don't want too fake tanning then you don't have too...but if you insist you should keep fake tanning yourself...:/
    Sorry, but I will not influence your decision...:c

• I prefer pale skin almost 99% of the time. Like it looks so much better than even real tans. This is some strange artificial construction women have gotten from the film industry. Pale skin doesn't look good on screen, that's why actors have tans. It just doesn't work with the heavy lighting they use (pale skin just ends up looking glowy).

• That makes sense.

why does everyone prefer pale skin?
      I really want to stop using fake tan now, but im not sure if im going to be confident enough to do that...

• cavmanier uploaded a link to it though. im pretty sure he even posted it on this comment area

• Then you honestly look better with a tan. I normally wouldn't say that but you look sickly without one.

• Don't use that crap. Why be fake about it? Your natural skin tone probably looks fine as is.

Besides, I think we need more nice, pale girls.

• Believe it or not, we aren't complete idiots. We can almost always tell when you're using a fake tan. And that makes you look extremely materialistic, which is a big turn off. There is nothing wrong with white skin, unless it is albino pale...

• Its not like I try to hide the fact that I fake tan, everyone knows I do it.
      If it boosts my confidence though, does that still really make me materialistic and fake?

and this is in response to others who said similar things too.

• Even if you acknowledge that you use it and you use it to feel more confident, it does make you look fake. Also, I'd say a girl with a fake tan would never look as good as she would without it.

• Fake tans more often than not just look - bad in my opinion at least.

• Honestly, both are fine.

• I actually prefer girls that are very white looking over tanned girls most of the time.

• No don't use fake tan it puts you on an instant downer from me

• Honestly I dont mind a nice tan on a girl, and whats most important is you feel good about yourself dont mind to much what other guys are saying

• Lol We worship White skin back in India

• I don't really care about it if I am honest.

• I prefer white ( even better pale with dark hair )

• I prefer the tanned look

• you're the first boy to say that...
      so you even like it when its fake tan?

• I prefer to go to the beach and get a real tan but if you are worried about UV rays then sure use a fake tan.

• I guess I should mention that I am a nudist and Sun tanning is a big part of my life.

• stop fake tan shit. either you're white or you're black. guys don't like fake girls at all

• Fake tan is horrendous stuff.

• I personally prefer white. All I can say about tan girls is that the bad eggs spoil the bunch.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm also quite pale. I don't get tanned in the sun either. I'm like a vampire I burn in the sun. So I can't really get a ""healthy tan" and grew to accept being pale.

Fake tan and tanning aren't good for your skin so I'd recommend you stop with it. Just live with it, there are plenty of beautiful pale women. I don't think any guy would dump for not being a few shades darker.

iv1.lisimg.com/.../600full-holliday-grainger.jpg
    img2.timeinc.net/.../dita-vonteese-290.jpg
    collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/.../...kidman.jpg

• I don't like tan and i have always avoided sun all my life. Solar rays can be dangerous after certain amount and all the products we are using will never be efficient enough to protect us.
    I am white and quite happy about it. Don't overuse that fake tan material. They are not good for skin too. Be happy about your look.

• I wish I was confident like everyone else seems to be. But i guess I never will be, i have no other alternative than to keep tanning..

• well thats true...
      maybe in summer, when the sun is actually up, i might try that...

• Yeah it is winter there i guess, wait a little more :)

• I'm sorry but I think when people use fake tan it just makes them look, well... fake. I think it's stupid and when I see people with a fake tan I laugh because it's obvious it's fake. Sorry, just my opinion.

• I use self tanning lotion too and everyone complements my skin tone and i researched its not bad for you rather safe. I love how it looks on my skin and even my bf wants to use it :-) only he knows i use it but yeah i do it only in summer and he loves my natural skin tone too

• Sun tanning is unsafe/damaging and self-tanning lotion smells horrendous, so I've had no choice but to accept my pale skin. If you aren't there yet--took me a while too--you could always apply a light layer of bronzing powder (w/SPF) using a powder puff or large kabuki brush.

• did you ever try fake tanning though?
      and where do you add the bronzing powder, just to your face?

• I use a matte bronzing pressed powder to contour/add colour to my face and a shimmery loose bronzing powder on my legs if I'll be wearing a dress. And I'm not sure what you mean by fake tanning, but I've used self-tanning lotions, gels, sprays, accelerators, and tanning beds.

If you need any help, feel free to message me here or via PM.

• end the skin damage before it's too late please. your skin is absorbing all those toxic chemicals !

in regards to sun tanning, photodamage CANNOT be repaired, laser makes it worse !

PREVENT.

• On white women it seems that a little tan looks healthy rather than pale skin.

• A bit of tan is always nice

• Be proud of being white. You're white, embrace it :)

• I try! but i just can't...

• I always seem to burn though haha,
      but you know what, maybe you're right and I am being silly.

• Love yourself and rock your whiteness :)

• Why don't you learn to do what you want instead of what other people like.

• you're right, i really should. thats probably what i really needed to be told..