Nicest way to dump a girl?

I have this guy friend and he asked me how he should dump his girlfriend so to hurt her as little as possible...I seriously don't know what to tell him. So..

Ladies : What's the best way to be dumped by a guy.

Gentlemen : How do you usually dump your girlfriends?

Thanks =]

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are dumping someone: Be quick and to the point. Don't draw it out. Simply put, say "I'm sorry, this is not working out for me, and it's not fair for either of us to stay in the relationship if if I feel this way." Don't be rude or mean to the person-there's a good chance they are really hurt by what you just said. Be honest. Ask if they have any questions that you can answer about the relationship before you go.

When you are getting dumped: Thank the person for their honesty. NOW IS THE TIME FOR YOU TO ASK QUESTIONS! Don't freak out and become a hot mess. No one likes that. Try to take it in stride. Break up SUCKS, but it's a part of life. Ask the person "Are you sure? Is there anything that I can work on?" They will say no. You can ask more questions, like "Was it me? Was it something that I said or did? Is there anything I can work on in the future to be a better significant other?" Let the dumper know if you want to stay friends or not. At this point, it is YOUR CHOICE, not theirs.

That's the way it's done in the mature world, although usually there are objects being thrown around, crying, swearing, yelling, hitting, bad-mouthing and character assassinations. I've had two REALLY GREAT break ups where I dumped the girl like this and we have stayed great friends. Then I had a messy one when I was like, 20, maybe. Oh well. Live and learn!

What Guys Said 4

• If they have been in a relationship for a long time I am sure it was great in the begining and has deteriorated recently. In that case she would already be feeling that there is something wrong. It is better to face it head on and tell it like it is.

If they have been involved for a very short time, it is easier.

In any case, truth is the best thing (assuming that he was serious in the relationship).

But, if he had been leading her on and making her feel that he loved her while he just wanted sex, then he has to find a good story.

• Nice way. there isn't one. The best thing your friend can do is take the "we need to talk" aproach. It's over used but style shouldn't be on the top of his priority list. Since he's worried about her feelings whatever follows shouldn't be to bad. So long as he isn't blunt and she can feel his sincerity. That's really the best you can do. It's the best I've ever been able to do anyway.

• truth is key. usually depends on the situation reasons why. tell her why exactly it is ending that's the nicest way it to be truthful.

• tell him to change is number lol.

jk..basically he needs to man up and tell the truth as to why.

What Girls Said 2

• In person is the best way. It needs to be short, and to the point. And he needs to be 100000% honest.

• there isn't a nice way to break up unless both of you have no feeling left for each other.