What do you think of people who buy second-hand/used clothing?

I have an older friend who's judgmental about buying used clothing and she wants me to feel ashamed about it. But really, its just clothes that have been donated and some of those clothes don't look worn out at all, they don't look out-of-style, and they're already washed, yet she says its gross? I think that if you wash it, its just as good as new.

If you have the same view point as her, can you please explain to me why? Could it be about pride?

If not, please tell me what you think about buying or people buying second-hand clothing.

please tell me what you think about you owning, or people buying used clothing**

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah honestly you can find some pretty cool stuff at second hand shops, it's cheaper and it's where I got my leather jacket from as well as some other stuff. I even got comic books from them! If you find something that you like, why not? You can find some vintage stuff, so don't feel ashamed! Lot's of people do it! I also bought a pair of jeans that I thought would look good as shorts so I got them pretty cheap, cut them and one of the best pair of shorts I ever had, also used the jeans fabric to make a wallet with :p

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't judge the people who do it but I would never do it myself.
    I don't see it necessary unless you don't have much money and you need that money for more important things such as education or food or a home. But if you have those why not spend it on clothing instead of using something that someone has already used

• some online stores do that, and i bought from a online site where they sold me shoes as brand new i bought it cause they are giving good discount and only few months later i realized the soles were refixed and they got torn after 6 months right near the toe on both sides

• i buy vintage clothing all the time. They don't make those vintage wrangler pearl button shirts the same. Your buddy sounds like she full shit. Don't listen to her.

• As long as the clothes fit you properly and don't have cum stains or something then it's fine.

• I don't care. If she's beautiful the cloths don't matter

• Nothing wrong with it.

What Girls Said 2

• I do it all the time and save a lot of money. Besides you can look good or even better than the ones buying new stuff.

• I shop at Salvation Army. There's nothing wrong with it, just wash the clothes.