Should I get a tattoo on my left hand or my back?

I'm a tattoo virgin but I've always wanted a few. Now that I can afford a couple now I just have to decide where to put them. If you don't think the left hand or back, any suggestions?

• Left Hand
  • Back
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Please do not do back. Depending on what you get and how you maintain your body, it will not look nice in a few years and I'm saying this is for both genders.

Arm tattoo's are always sexy, not a big fan of sleeves tho.

And what type of tattoo are you getting? Did you already pick a design and a size?

• Not sure on the size. Oh I maintain my body very well. I'm thinking two dog tags with my squad mates and I's name's on it and a banner that says "For the Fallen". Or possibly some cliche' Japanese word like kanji for love or spirit.

• That sounds really meaningful :) - I like when tattoo's have meanings behind them.
      Are you a soldier?

What Girls Said 6

• back. if you interview for a job, that will be the first thing they notice

• Gotcha'. Ugggh... I totally want one too. XD

• Haha oh man... yeah I tend to be the only one wearing shorts in the winter.

• Burrrr... Lol

• Either a full arm, or a full upper arm tattoo, or full back or upper back tattoo... =)

• Skip the hand. I like to died!

• Go back or somewhere that can easily be covered.

• Back of hand tattoos are sexy

• I think it depends on what the tattoo is of.
    But I agree with Clevland and put it somewhere you can cover up, if need be.
    Nice username by the way! Haha

What Guys Said 4

• Definitely your back or somewhere else you can easily cover up. Good, bad, or otherwise, there is still a stigma associated with tattoos, and you'll want the option to be able to cover it in certain situations, like job interviews or meeting the parents for the first time.

• I've been think of getting my first lately as well, I was thinking upper chest, upper right arm or upper back myself

• You should try and get it centered on your back. Maybe just above the waistline

• Back dude, visibly seen tattoos arnt seen as professional

• True, true.

• Yeah so if you wanna be a doctor, teacher or lawyer or something, you want it hidden. If your going to be a barber or a tattoo artist or something creative then you can have them on display