The summer is there in the Northern hemisphere so... girls, guys, describe your favourite outfit on a hot and sunny day?

So girls, guys, if there would be no dress code except "decent", what would you wear at home and at work? I's a blood hot day today...

Perhaps you're the unlucky one who has to wear things like heavy gear (like construction workers). Or a suit with tie summer and winter, or a uniform and pantyhose (for example a stewardess).

For me, in private it will be a short and T-shirt, and bare feet whenever possible above 25°C. At work, suit is preferred but I'm in airco.

Most Helpful Girl

• sleeveless cycling jersey- my favorite :D
    spaghetti strap top, short- at home :)
    scrubs+gown (almost covered everything) - at work (I've no choice) :(

• I googled a bit (scrubs and gown were not in the English vocabulary I'm familiar with).
      The pics I saw go in the direction of a doctors/surgeons uniform, is that what we're talking about?
      The first one sound nice and comfortable haha :-)

• So here's the most helpful for you Zoe... a compact answer with lots of info in it!
      And you learned me about scrubs and gown... thanks for that.

• thank you :)

What Girls Said 13

• I normally just wear shorts and a light top, or sometimes I will wear a crop top because it is so hot. As for work, well I guess you could say gymnastics is my job, haha, so I just wear a leotard, but its still extremely hot in the summer.

• I suppose if you need to do gym during the summer sweat it in the house indeed :-)
      The first outfit + a nice cocktail... that's it no?

• Haha, yess :)

• Rash guard and board shorts. I take my body surfing very seriously. Once i fell off the board and did a somersault and ended up scraping up my right leg and arm so badly... Not anymore!

• sundress with my hair up in a messy bun!

• In the summertime I work at a swimming pool, teaching swimming lessons & synchronized swimming. So at work it's a swimsuit & my bare feet.

At home in the summer I like walking around in just my bikini & my bare feet, & if I go someplace I'll pull on some shorts over the bottoms but still go barefoot. If I'm going out someplace on a date I like wearing gauze skirts with a baby tee or a halter top with my bare feet, or maybe a sundress & bare feet.

That's right, I go barefoot all summer!

• That sounds nice... don't your foot soles get very rough than? Or does the barefoot include something like flip-flops or so?

• You're welcome! Nice meeting you!

• I pushed the "follow button" :-)
      Feel free to do the same Meghan...

• I'd either wear a sundress or a knee-length skirt with a blouse. Unless I'm going to be running, playing tennis, or doing some other sport, in which case I'd wear some shorts and a tank top, because doing sports in a skirt/dress isn't a good idea. :)

• There were times when tennis girls were playing in those long skirts but... hum... it's history :-)
      Both looks sound nice though!

• No joke. This is a pic from long long long ago :-)
      museumvictoria.com.au/.../68103_Large.jpg

• Haha that's pretty weird. I love wearing skirts/dresses but I'd still prefer pants/shorts when it comes to sports :P

• Doesn't matter, I'm not going outside. I hate the sun/heat.

• I certainly protect myself with a cap and sun milk. And blood hot is not my thing.
      May I compliment you with your new profile pic? Really a splendid look :-)
      Thanks for answering my question!

• belly top and high waisted shorts with converse or vans,
    or something really light weight and still pretty fashionable, im really into kimonos atm theyre gorg <3

• Thin materials in different forms and shapes.

• Haha, a nice and flexible answer that leaves room for many options.
      Just curiosity, since you're originally from Austria: have you ever worn a "Dirndl" - or is that typically German?
      I mean something like these:
      www.trachten-fashion.de/.../

• Thanks for sharing that SaVes, interesting!

• You're welcome!

• Ah summer is there for u people but here its monsoon. So I prefer wearing crop tops with shorts. But it has to be of a thin and comfortable material.

• Top
    Jean shorts
    Sneaker or sandals

Or just a dress

• Jeans a long sleazed shirt, a hoody and yeah oh and my beanie. Don't go anywhere with out t! :D

• Haha, I had to google for a beanie... now I know what you mean.
      Thanks for answering and take care :-)

• Sun dresses

• A cute little sun dress

• Oh yes dear, you like it and the guys like at.
      I can't see you but you do look cute, I'm 110% sure!

What Guys Said 5

• I'd preferably just wear shorts, no shirt.
    But then people stare, so I guess I'll settle for a lose white shirt and shorts.
    I'm talking about public dressing tho. In my house I never wear a shirt, nor around my neighborhood.

• I also leave the shirt away if the temperature rises to 30°C (86°F). And indeed, apart from on the beach, it makes you "popular"... or a bit too!!!

• It does haha

• Polo/tshirt
    Shorts
    Adidas Superstars

• jeans and tshirt

• I don't really like jeans in the summer... sticks to my legs when I sweat.

• Zyzz shorts+Lacoste shoes= Ye its sexy

• Jeans and a light summer shirt with converse all stars and shades