Thoughts on my tattoo idea? trashy or cute?

So I really want a tattoo, I am 16. So I've been wanting one for a while now and I am at legal age for one with parental consent and I've been thinking about tattoo idea's all day/night now, and I was thinking of a collarbone tattoo with a quotation saying "everything happens for a reason". It is my motto and I live by it and I whole heartedly believe in it. Any idea's suggestions on the matter? also how can I persuade my parents? my mom was the one who thought of the idea for a matching tattoo? any suggestions on how I can get them both on the topic of signing for my tattoo! thanks p. s any idea's for a personal touch on the tattoo, a quirky symbol at the end of my quote to put a personal touch on it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a cute idea, but I agree with jeanbean. You should definitely wait for a while and let the idea sink in. I have a tattoo myself, and I actually thought about it for over a year before deciding that it was actually what I wanted. I think that's a really important aspect when it comes to choosing a tattoo for yourself, basically waiting it out for a while to see if you'll lose interest in it. I had a few tattoos in mind that I thought were amazing, but after waiting for a couple of months, I realized that they weren't what I really wanted. It's something that'll be on your body for the rest of your life. Removing it would be a pain in the ass, and it also costs a lot of money. It's not really a decision you should make on a whim. Just let the idea sink in for a while, you're in no hurry to get one honestly. You have your entire life ahead of you to get tattooed all over, so just take your time and be patient with yourself and your decisions. :P

• I wrote my quote in pen, in the spot i want it and tbh it made me want it more. The placement and quote is meaningful because me and my bestfriends follow signs and we believe that everything happens for a reason and i legit live each day by it and i also understand what you're saying that i might want to wait because i might not want it in acouple of years but I've wanted one for two years now and i am now at the legal age and who knows if i will even make it to 18, you only live once right ;)

What Guys Said 6

• I'd highly recommend waiting til at least 18 because any growth spurts could change body shape and then the tattoo will sit different. If that is the tattoo you want make sure the text is clear enough to read. If you really believe everything happens for a reason just out right ask parents, if they say no it happened for a reason.

• I am going to wait until I am 18 for a quote but my mom said I can get a small design in a place where it can be hidden, thankyou

• I've got two so far and they both mean something to me personally. My gauge for whether or not a tattoo is stupid is if someone asks you why you got it you can tell them without laughing or having to joke about it. As far as the whole matching thing goes, you may have to tell your mom that this is what you want right now, and if she doesn't want the same maybe you guys can find a matching one later. At the end of the day though, it is completely up to your parents to decide to allow this. At least until you turn 18 :)

• My thoughts are that tattoos are trashy.
    For some reason I really don't like tattoos on the upper body region.
    If you were going for a job, it may have an effect on your hire.

• Id just wait until your of age. Your mind will change in time, if you still you want it when your 18 then go for it, if not then you'll be glad you waited.

• Trasy as fuck, words are always trashy, get a nice design on your arm or something, I don't get why this is so hard for most people?

• i think there hot on girls

What Girls Said 3

• Get it placed where it won't be visible for future jobs , will a button up shirt cover it? Or will it show through? Wait till you're 18 because you're not done growing yet and as camallunt said it might stretch or sit differently and look awful on you. It'll cost about $100 per laser removal session and you need about 9 or 10 sessions to fully remove it which is way more expensive than getting it in the first place and you risk scars and stained bits that won't be able to be removed (google laser tattoo removal they look dreadful). I have tattoos myself and I have to make sure they aren't visible for work wait a year at least and make sure you still want it at that spot

• I only have one bit of advice on tattoos, let the idea sit for a while. Draw it up, file it, and look at it again in a couple months to see if you still like it. A tattoo is something to be heavily considered and not gotten on a whim.

• I'll give it two months, I agree whole heartedly but I want one before grade 11 next year and I go back to school in 2 months. I just figured you only live once and why wait til im older because if I don't like it 10 years down the line I will have a crackin job to pay to get it removed. Thankyou for your opinion

• And I forgot to mention the pain level as well, collar bone tattoos make grown ass manly men turn into little bitches. Make sure you're ready for that.

• Totally, thanks!

• I wanted to get that but in italian which is Per tutto c'รจ un motivo