Girls, does a guys fashion choice influence how attracted to them you are?

Besides over the top ridiculous stuff, do you girls care? I dress very darkly, slipknot t shirts and jeans and boots. Bear in mind, I am an athlete so I'm slim with lean muscles (I don't want this to come across as bragging, I've been told this a lot by people). Anyway I like this girl and I was wondering if maybe how I dress is hindering my chances? She's I guess what 'normal' people would call a 'normal' girl. I say 'normal' because lots of kids at my high school don't really see me as one of them. If my looks are hindering my chances, then I'll probably move on to someone else. No way I'm changing my look. I guess I should also ask, are any of you girls attracted to the darker look or do you prefer the modern sort of 'normal' guy look?

Most Helpful Girl

• YES! But really attraction depends on the girl. I'm more attracted to preppy styles on guys, but some girls hate that look. But if your clothes are really hindering your chances with this girl, then maybe you guys unfortunately just aren't that compatible.

What Girls Said 9

• YES fashion choices absolutely influence how attracted I am to men. If a guy is a 4 in the face/body, his hair, hygiene and clothes can take him to a 6 or 7. Personality could take him to a 9 or 10. I don't know if I'm the only one, but attraction builds as I see how he handles what he's been given if that makes any sense.

• Every girl is attracted to different kinds of guys. So you just have to find a girl who enjoys your style. I'm glad you have your own style. Don't let any girl change that!

• I'm extremely attracted to the alternative look and know others who are but the preppier she is the less likely it is she will find it appealing

• Hahahaha a lot of my friends have said I'm scary so that could be a problem. Thanks for your input though :)

• Personally if a man dresses like a slob I'm not attracted. If he's at home working in the yard then whatever goes. But if we're going out to dinner he better be cleaned up and dressed nicely. Everyday wear I prefer to see guys in casual/dressy outfits, or a suit if that's what his job entails.

• i don't think it would hinder your chances especially if she's into that sort of thing or likes "bad boys."
    I personally love that sort of look over the ''normal guy look. it's just hotter.

• Sure but within reason. As soon as a guy starts to behave "metrosexually", i lose all interest. Just a normal conservative suit and normal conservative shoes please.

• Yes it os important. If a guy is a 5 and has a really nice style it csn make him at least a 7.

• Everyone is attractive in her/his own way but it never hurt to try new styles and get out of thr 'norma' style. by the way if you were in my school i would have probably dated you ;) hahahaah have a nice life
    -N

• Thats nice to hear :) and thanks

• Not so much for me. I don't like boots on guys, though. I guess I prefer guys who dress casually. That don't look like they spent a lot of time thinking about what they're wearing, but don't dress like they're blind.
    I really hate shirts with writing on them and band T-shirts. That's just me though, a lot of girls like that. So the way you dress would be a turn off to me. But if I really liked you, it wouldn't be that important.

What Guys Said 1

• I know your question is targeted towards girls, but I have to say you shouldn't have to change the way you dress for someone else because if she likes you she won't care what you wear.

• Very true, tbh this is more just general curiosity on the subject. Thanks for your input though :) its appreciated.