When girls wear makeup on their face a lot does it really mess with the skin in the long term?

I was talking with some people. One guy and one girl and the girl was thinking of putting something on.

The guy mentioned that long term use of makeup eats away at the skin and it gets to the point where older women need it or they'll see all the damage wearing makeup so much has done.

Is this true and can anyone explain it in detail?

0|0
8|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It can clog pores and cause acne, and over time acne can cause scarring (it will look like pits in the skin, like pock marked skin). Using oil free and fragrance free products can help reduce this risk. Makeup will also get impacted inside the pores and stretch them out. Technically this does "eat" at the skin, but it's more like as you get older, your skin is less elastic. So your pores don't shrink back like they did when you were younger. Sleeping with makeup up is a bad idea as well. www.womenshealthmag.com/.../sleeping-with-makeup-on

There's a lot of makeup out there that is made with toxic or even carcinogenic chemicals as well, so that should be taken into consideration.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I Think if she wears it A LOT like 24/7 her face may become dirty or irritated but not eat away the skin!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all - if they moisturize and hydrate regularly.
    And if they don't use extremely heavy and/or cheap make up.

0|0
    0|0
  • long term most of the time no but it does cause acne so it can have long term effects

0|0
    0|0
  • It can clog your pores if you leave it on too long. And that traps oil in the skin, which can lead to the stuff no one wants (acne, blotchy skin, blemishes) Thats why its so important to wash it all off before you go to bed!

0|0
    0|0
  • There's some truth to that. Cheap makeup will damage your skin more faster than high end makeup. You get what you pay for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard that is true, the skin become pale in color and wrinkle. Eats the color from the face and they need make up to make it look nice. My cousin use lots of make up for many years when she takes it off, she look horrible too pale, she told me the make up did that to her skin.

0|0
    1|0
  • No but foundation does clog pores and doesn't let skin breathe if worn every single day which is why covering up spots with make up just makes the spots worse. All it does is give you more spots or a greater complexion. Now you can get wrinkles BUT not from the makeup itself, if you pull your eyelids hard to put on eye liner it'll loosen the delicate skin over time

0|0
    0|0
    • Greasier not greater

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.