Do you think women should always wear makeup, have their hair styled and nails done in order to be considered beautiful?

I know this may sound ridiculous but sometimes I really feel plain about it. So, I feel like girls around here wear makeup and has their hair styled and nails painted. I am one of those girls that doesn't wear makeup, I don't have painted nails, or 24/7 styled hair. I feel so plain sometimes! I like myself and I don't believe I am hideous, its just I feel like a plum in a bowl of peaches. So , I would like YOUR opinion on this... should women get did up to be beautiful. Thank you for stopping by to view and (hopefully) responding to my question.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is silly that so many females learn that the only way they are considered people is if they smother themselves in paint and hide the way they actually look. I am not a fan of how makeup looks, and I am not a fan of the concept behind it either. The effects it has on skin on the long-term are just the cherry on top.

What Guys Said 7

• Whatever makes a women feel beautiful is what they should do. My gf usually is always goes out make up and hair and nails done (both herself). But she will go without when she wants to at times if we are not going somewhere where there are tons of people (park, trip to library). But I love when we are at home and she has no make up.

• Some girls look good regardless of whether or not they have makeup and hair styling. Some girls only look good when they have make up and hair styling. So I wouldn't say girls have to do it to be beautiful. However, putting effort into your appearance will certainly make you look better.

• I prefer girls to add just a little bit of mascara and some other stuff that I'm not very familiar with. That's all. Don't totally cover your natural look. It's like faking your look if you're totally covered with makeup.

• no, no and no. In fact, i feel girls/women are more beautiful with their natural colours and lips n eyelids, hair colour, etc. I dont mean they shouldn't clean or groom themselves. But natural or close to natural make up is the best.

• It's all personal but for me I like natural or some eyeliner not over the top with make up. But it should on you. Your preference on yourself cause there's always gonna be a handful of guys that will think of the same girl beautiful.

• that junk doesn't make a girl beautiful, a natural beautiful girl makes a girl beautiful, simple as that

• oh forgot to add a beautiful personality goes a long way too

• You probably should wear make-up. Guys think they like 'natural' girls, but that's just their ignorance on the topic of make-up!

What Girls Said 4

• "a plum in a bowl of peaches" lol... i'm not gonna give a speech on inner beauty but you should be confident enough and have trust in your physical appearance.. its good to pamper yourself sometimes... i myself i'm not from the type of girls who wear makeup, who styles hair or paint nails... trust in your natural beauty... wear makeup to enhance your natural beauty ,... not to hide it

• No, I think women can be beautiful either way. in my opinion people are beautiful when they actively take care of themselves. Meaning they wear clean clothes, brush their teeth, take showers est.

• women should always take care of themselves

• I rarely wear makeup, when I do it's just mascara. I used to when I was younger, now I don't have the patience anymore. But I do style my hair everyday, it's shoulder length, so I have to, otherwise it would look stupid.. But that's about it. People tell me I'm pretty and guys look at me "au naturel". In the summer I just use a lot of sunblock, so I won't get wrinkles too early in life. I only paint my toe nails red.