What are everyone's views on tattoos?

I'm a girl and I already have one tattoo, and plan on getting tons more. I'm extremely artistic and draw my own designs. I'm also planning on being a surgeon though, so I'm not some uneducated trashy girl getting crap tattoos.
So what are your guys' views on women covered in tattoos? I won't be getting tattoos on my arms or where its visible outside of scrubs but other than that, everywhere else.
What are your guys' thoughts?

• Yes, tattoos are great!
  • No, I dislike tattoos.

Most Helpful Guy

• i pretty much have a full sleeve, i just need some background to tie it all together. i love tattoos and have been getting tattooed for 2 years, since i was 19.

i currently live in a country where tattoos aren't as widely accepted, and also not as common, as they are in the US. i get lots of stares and i probably get judged a lot. people tell me that i am lucky to have such a great personality otherwise the tattoos would completely throw them off.

but i am definitely judged, and that is something you have to live with and accept when you have tattoos. i think thats why many girls think tattoos on men are attractive; because you need to be able to handle the judgement and criticism. ESPECIALLY living in israel. i'm jewish, and this girl i know really hurt my feelings once by calling me a "non-jew" (not that it's a bad thing, it just hurt that she didn't see me as part of my jewish ethnicity, culture, and religion).

to conclude my rant, i think people with tattoos are a different type of person. we are more confident, passionate, more strong minded, more willing to commit, more accepting & understanding, and more sensitive. if we weren't we wouldn't get pictures and words tattooed in our flesh for the world to see.

• I really like this answer, especially the ending. Thank you.

What Guys Said 8

• I'm not a fan of tattoos. I wanna see natural, clear skin. Especially on women. Plus, most people say they regret getting tattoos once they reach their later stage of life.

• I think sometimes they can be incredibly amazing and sexy on other people. Personally I don't want any, not sure why, i'm not insecure about my body or anything but they aren't for me.

• I love tattoos, will get lots in the future! Love seeing them on a girl too, especially colourful ones, aslong as they are artistic :D

• Pretty cool & sexy

• I hate women with tattoos! It makes them ugly!

• Not a fan. I have never seen one and thought, "wow, that is really attractive. You look so much better with it."

• Tattoos are kinda... I don't know, permanent? I wouldn't be able to live with something I drew (I'm a fan artist) or even picked a design of 5 years ago. I find that who I identify myself as, and my taste and preferences, they change a lot over the years.

I don't trust my current self to pick something my future self will like. I just find that there's better ways to express my individuality in terms of what I say, how I move, what I wear, and who I hang out with, more than a tattoo can do. The image/stereotype that a tattoo places on me, is something not so easily changed. I prefer to be able to decide and change who I am, and a tattoo doesn't.

• A little tatto is alright, but lots of them is ugly

What Girls Said 7

• I'm moderately tattooed and will realistically get more. I love artsy, detailed tattoos. Cliche or trendy tattoos don't interest me.

• same, basic tattoos that are seen on tons of people don't interest me either. I like drawing my own designs, and putting meaning into them.

• I have one tattoo on my back. I wanted it where it wouldn't be seen for professional reasons.

• I find tattoos sexy and beautiful. The more, the better.

• Tattoos are fucking hot

• I like tattoos and some people look so good with them! Wanted to get one when I would be older, but don't know if I'll actually do it :) Depends on how I feel later on.

• I have one tiny heart on my wrist. It hurt so bad.

• I have a high pain tolerance and I barely felt mine! haha

• I should get line there next.

• I like tattoos, generally.
    It really depends on the artwork, and where they are. Homemade tattoos look terrible, that's a big turn off. But if it's something really cool or really beautiful, yeah, of course I'll like it :-)