Girls: how long do you keep your bras, and why do you get rid of them?

I know girls go through a lot of bras through out their lives. How long do you keep a bra, and why do you get rid of it?

0|0
17|2

Most Helpful Girl

• i keep a bra for a year or 2. i have small boobs so my bras don't go through a lot of wear and tear lol. ill throw it out if it gets sweat stains, or really dirty or shrinks. or if my boobs grow (which usually doesn't happen)

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• It seems that I have hundreds of bras (I don't really), so I don't get rid of them very often. And when they should be replaced is just when I think they've become comfortable so...
    In reality I replace them when the elastic stretches out, or when the under wire pokes through, or when they get too loose or too tight.
    When I get a new boyfriend I tend to maybe get a new bra or two, for obvious reasons.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have multiple bras, so I rotate them and they stay in great shape for a long time -3 or 4 years...
    They're also pretty expensive, so that might be a part of it as well.

I get rid of them when they get too stretchy and no longer support.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually keep it til the under wire starts poking me or it stops doing it's job, or I outgrow it cause it seems like my boobs are constantly growing, and I usually buy 2 new bras every couple of months because I go through a lot of bras.

0|1
    0|0
  • A looong time :) At least 2 years or so. Basically only until I feel like it's not supporting me when the elastic wears out. But that takes forever if it's a quality bra.

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep them until they're stretched out or have no support anymore from washing and wear. I buy a bunch of new ones every year and throw out the ones I had before that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bras are expensive, 50+

I keep them until they fall apart

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually keep it for a couple of years or intel the bra's rips, the elastic in the waistband stretches out, or it's too big/small.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually keep mine for about 1-2 years or until they don't fit (either when they shrink or if my boobs grow).

0|0
    0|0
  • I buy so many bras on impulse because I can't control myself at stores like that and many of them are so cute. I get rid of mine when they don't do their job

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep mine until they can't do their job, then they get discarded

0|0
    0|0
  • I get rid of them when my boobs grow out of them or if like I had in bra that ended up breaking. Also if I feel like the bra actually doesn't give me any support.

0|0
    0|0
  • I ususally keep mine until the elastic wears out.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they don't fit anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep my bras until they don't fit me anymore like any other article of clothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Till theyre stretched out. But it takes very long till they won't do their job anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • i probably buy one bra every two years and get rid of them if they break

0|0
    1|1

What Guys Said 2

• I usually keep my bras around for about a year and a half, depending on the fabric and how far they've stretched.

It's hard to contain these giant Double D's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably if they're expensive and well made. Why would you throw those away

0|0
    1|0
    • Because they can stretch, the strap can break, your boobs can get too big for it, etc.

• If they're well made, they shouldn't be doing that