Girls: how long do you keep your bras, and why do you get rid of them?

I know girls go through a lot of bras through out their lives. How long do you keep a bra, and why do you get rid of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• i keep a bra for a year or 2. i have small boobs so my bras don't go through a lot of wear and tear lol. ill throw it out if it gets sweat stains, or really dirty or shrinks. or if my boobs grow (which usually doesn't happen)

What Girls Said 16

• It seems that I have hundreds of bras (I don't really), so I don't get rid of them very often. And when they should be replaced is just when I think they've become comfortable so...
    In reality I replace them when the elastic stretches out, or when the under wire pokes through, or when they get too loose or too tight.
    When I get a new boyfriend I tend to maybe get a new bra or two, for obvious reasons.

• I have multiple bras, so I rotate them and they stay in great shape for a long time -3 or 4 years...
    They're also pretty expensive, so that might be a part of it as well.

I get rid of them when they get too stretchy and no longer support.

• I usually keep it til the under wire starts poking me or it stops doing it's job, or I outgrow it cause it seems like my boobs are constantly growing, and I usually buy 2 new bras every couple of months because I go through a lot of bras.

• A looong time :) At least 2 years or so. Basically only until I feel like it's not supporting me when the elastic wears out. But that takes forever if it's a quality bra.

• I keep them until they're stretched out or have no support anymore from washing and wear. I buy a bunch of new ones every year and throw out the ones I had before that.

• Bras are expensive, 50+

I keep them until they fall apart

• I usually keep it for a couple of years or intel the bra's rips, the elastic in the waistband stretches out, or it's too big/small.

• I usually keep mine for about 1-2 years or until they don't fit (either when they shrink or if my boobs grow).

• I buy so many bras on impulse because I can't control myself at stores like that and many of them are so cute. I get rid of mine when they don't do their job

• I keep mine until they can't do their job, then they get discarded

• I get rid of them when my boobs grow out of them or if like I had in bra that ended up breaking. Also if I feel like the bra actually doesn't give me any support.

• I ususally keep mine until the elastic wears out.

• If they don't fit anymore.

• I keep my bras until they don't fit me anymore like any other article of clothing.

• Till theyre stretched out. But it takes very long till they won't do their job anymore.

• i probably buy one bra every two years and get rid of them if they break

What Guys Said 2

• I usually keep my bras around for about a year and a half, depending on the fabric and how far they've stretched.

It's hard to contain these giant Double D's.

• Probably if they're expensive and well made. Why would you throw those away

• Because they can stretch, the strap can break, your boobs can get too big for it, etc.

• If they're well made, they shouldn't be doing that