I can't take ugly pictures? why?

I don't know why but I seem to be extremely photogenic. My friends always so how jealous they are. Though I'm not very attractive in real life. But my friends think I photo shop my pictures when I don't! I'll even prove it by taking a pic right in front of them! A lot my friends say "well you're not even ugly anyways" but I'm not nearly as attractive as I show in my pictures? Even if I make ugly faces I still look attractive! People say "wow that's a gift" when I feel like it's a curse! I have a thin face but I'm not a thin girl! I'm quite big. Not obese just overweight and some guys seem to like me. I'm about to be 17 October and I don't know just I wanna know why I can take such good pictures and not be like that in real life! I don't take my pictures up close I take them normal ! But what doesn't make sense if I take a picture far back I look ugly and gross! Only front fCe camera I look good but then my friends say "when you take a fu body pic it doesn't even look like you, you're much prettier" idk. I'm confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, considering I'm the exact opposite, I can tell you that is most likely has to do with the structure of your face and the sharpness of your features. For me, I can't take a good picture because my cheeks are kind of round (especially now since I'm chubby) and my features are not sharp or defined (time to do more cardio...). This results in poor depth perception so the details you see in person are not captured because of the average camera's limited exposure.

With a symmetrical bone structure and defined angles, your strong features pop out and that creates depth perception. I could be dead wrong as I am not an expert in this field, however I simply used my ugly duckling photo genes as a point of reference.

• Thank you! Someone who understood my question. Yeah I mean people still find me Attractive just not as attractive in real life.

• There's a girl at my job who is similar to you in a sense that she's totally not a girl I'd go for physically, but her facial features make for one heck of a photo.

What Guys Said 6

• lol rolf lmao xD... conceited.

• I'm not trying to be conceited. Guys will comment on my pictures and think I'm sexy and hot. The. Irl don't like me lol. Maybe it's my body.

• I am so sorry for seeming that way. I'm not one bit cocky at all. If you see up there I admit for not being that attractive. I just wanna know why I'm photogenic and not pretty irl. That's all. And I promise I'm not selfish? Or some stuck up bitch? I'm the opposite! Sorry for the misleading message.

• Haha don't be so hard on yourself, it might just be you are attractive. Keep taking 'em selfies! xD

• Im jealous... i look in the mirror and look great... but my digi-cam has a different look because of resolution issues... and then i struggle to find the right lighting to look right... why can't my camera make look the same as i do in the mirror? ugh !

• You're confused, I'm the one who's confused. Your upset because you can't take a bad photo, oh to be young again.

• No I'm confused on why I can take good photos but not look attractive in real life x that's all.

• If only I had your problems :)

• I think everyone is taking this the wrong way lol

• No no, I understand you. It's just... when you've got rent, insurance, women with children and constant stress in your life, I wish I would instead be able to worry about whether my friends think I look to good on Facebook :)

I do think I understand where you're coming from though. Don't sweat it. Being photogenic is probably NOT going to work against you in the long run :)

Instead of worrying about what your friends think about you, worry about how to make them feel better about themselves.

As the Dalai Lama says: If we care about the problems of others, we will find, that our own problems seem to diminish. [paraphrased]

• Wow. Your life must be so hard. I can only imagine what a curse being photogenic is. You need a hug?

• Obviously you don't understand whAt I'm saying :)

• GIVE ME A (T) GIVE ME A (R) GIVE ME A (O) GIVE ME A (L L) WHAT does that spell

Troll

What Girls Said 4

• Nice try for trolling.

However if this is really you, here's a link to narcissistic personality disorder and a quiz
    http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

• This wasn't a troll question? LOL WTF

• I am not asking why I am pretty? BECAUSE I AM NOT! And nobody is getting that! I'm not attractive irl! I'm only attractive in pictures! And I wonder why that is! That's all? Damn

• You have great bone structure. My mom is like that. In person, she's pretty; in pics she's beautiful. It's why some beautiful girls don't make it as print models but do great on the runway. They just don't photograph well. The camera loves certain bone structures and that's just about it.

• I don't know i think some are just really photogenic.. there's this girl on FB that i kinda like stalk lol cause she's just so pretty and i'm jealous of her. there's no bad angle on her but when i met her in person she's not that "very" pretty. i think to most people, pictures do not give justice to their attractiveness in person.

• I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this.

• You are the most shallow human being on earth.