Do guys care about a girls car?

I'm getting my first car and I don't need to impress anyone but at the same time I don't want to be a joke.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't fill it with garbage. Other than that make sure the oil always gets changed on time and we will think you are the greatest girl ever. If you don't load the owners manual and play a scavenger hunt finding all the parts it mentions. (Then turn at least 19) I may even want to marry you.

It's amazing how many people never change the oil on their first car.
    Try all the different fuel grades and check your fuel economy. Despite what the public is told some cars do best on mid grade, and small engine on low grade, high rpm on high grade.

PS if you come to marry me make sure you learn financial management or book keeping. I need a woman who is willing to be frugal. And backpack with me or bike through a few countries. Before we become old people.

• ha i don't know much about oil but I definitely know financial management. I'm in buisness school.

• I just became a follower. Drop me a line when you turn 19. I'll fly out for dinner. You're buying right?

What Guys Said 12

• As long as it runs fine and gets you where you need to go, no big deal.

Guys worry about it and they only typically worry for the purpose of sending a fake message to girls that they are rich. But any responsible guy really just aims for using a car as transportation like they should.

• Only if it is better than theirs and you are car girl!

• No, not really. If she has a really nice car, I'd feel bad about myself, and that would be a turn off. And don't get me started with jeeps or pickups. But otherwise, it's fine. I actually like it when a girl has a shitty car. Gives me a good reason to drive her around in mine. Well... my dad's. I just don't tell her that lol.

• No guy should judge a girl on what type of car she drives
    if he is any type of boyfriend he could help you take care of
    it such as cleaning it up, give you gas money to help you
    out , Hun you don't need a best care to impress a guy

• I don't care what she drives as long as she keeps it clean.

• Nope, does not matter to me.

• No not at all I never judge someone based off what car they drive that is just stupid.

• No unless its almost falling apart

• lol no. At your age any car is awesome!

• Actually even when you get older it's more like "oooo interesting. Can I drive it? :D"

• Really not. I don't care even she actually does not have a car.

• Nope. If it runs and gets you where you need to be, then that's cool.

• Not in the slightest.
    Well... I mean, if she has a super nice car, I might think she was spoiled and that would be a turn off.
    Or if she was one of those fake country girls that drives a huge truck but never actually uses the truck for anything useful... then thats kinda stupid too.

• What would you think of a blue 3-door Holden Barina 2010?

It's the car I have (I'm 20 and I paid for it myself).

• I would think "what the hell kind of car is that?"
      But then I would do a google search and learn that the Chevy Aero is called a Holden Barina in Australia.

Seems like a pretty average car, so I would probably just think "hey, she has a car, this means I don't have to give her a ride everywhere, neat"

I wouldn't think more or less of you. Though I'd respect you buying it yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• They don't really. As long its not a clunker. Older but clean and decent is just fine.
    One of the perks of being a female.

• As long as it runs and it's fine then you're fine