What should I wear on a hiking date?

I am going on the second date with a guy. We got along really well and are going to go hiking in a few days. While I really enjoy things like hiking, I'm not super outdoorsy and don't do it often so I'm not really sure what to wear. I was thinking of my black athletic jacket but what underneath? An especially what bottoms? Shorts? (I only have one pair... I wear dresses). Yoga pants?
Girls, what would you wear?
Guys, what would you want a girl to wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me I go walking in the forest with my bf. I wear a singlet top, sports bra and yoga pants usually. I think something similar would be fine. Guys like yoga pants as they do show off your butt.

What Guys Said 2

• okay here's the thing... don't wear a white halter top... yoll wind up a victim in a slasher movie or a snack for a Yeti...

sorry just kidding... ideally what you want is a pair of khaki cargo shorts/ a short sleeved light color t-shirt / some lugz or hiking boots and a overshirt... like a lumberjack or light flannel... a practical and very stylish look

• Look like Lara Croft!

What Girls Said 1

• since it gets hot when you climb, i wear hiking boots, shorts and a tank. nothing fancy for me cause its a freaking hike. your suppose to get dirty.
    if you havent, pack some bandaids and whatever firstaid thing you might need. rocks get very hot in summer and might burn skin off. not even sure why i mentioned this bc it burnt the bandaid off too. but its worth a shot haha :'(