Does my style make me look arrogant rather than shy?

www.google.be/search
This is the way I dress. Where I live people dress down so I do stand out... (but this is just because I love fashion and experimenting with makeup and stuff) Some people say that come off like I am 'too good' for them and act arrogant because I am quiet, while I actually think I am 'not good enough' to be talked to. Actually I have a really low self esteem and I am socially awkward. If dressed more down will people interpret my quietness more as shy rather than arrogant?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, don't dress down to adjust to the rest of society. Fuck what they think, and dress exactly how you wan't to :)

What Guys Said 5

• You shouldn't give up what you want to wear or your love of fashion.

But, I think when you wear the fashion you got to step up your personality so that the clothes "fit" you in others' eyes if you don't want to be seen as arrogant.

First, smile a lot. Look warm and inviting. Second, do your best impression of a patient look - not exasperated - but like someone who genuinely interested in the well being of others even if they are wearing rags.

Look at pictures of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassus and notice her facial expressions. She is most famous for her composure during her husband's death, but is well known for her charm and nice outfits (it was the 60's ok so the style has changed), but I think you can recast the composure to your current style.

• I actually like the way that girl is dressing but I think I like it because she is totally pulling it off. she's hot.

• If that is how you like to dress that way, then keep on doing it. Not your fault that people can't tell the difference between shy and arrogant. That is just a think some shy people get from others, regardless of how they dress.

• well if you look like that you probably have to do some initiation i would be scared to talk to you because i would think you will reject me. just say hi and smile that ought to be good enough to let them know you are not arrogant

• Ya, dress down.

What Girls Said 3

• You know what? Just keep dressing the way you are dressing right now, because 1). Its what you want to wear, and 2). I love that style so much. Ignore what people tell you, if that's how you want to dress, then dress like it, don't give those people the satisfaction of you switching your style because of them, you're your own person.

• don't compromise yourself because of what other people think. dress the way you want to.

• I think you look really great! It might make me think your confident!
    But where do you shop? Lol love all of it.