How do you know a guy would never leave you?

How would you know if a guy was hooked for life? What would a guy do for a girl he was absolutely and positively in love with besides ask for her hand?

THIS IS NOT BECAUSE OF A BOY! IF PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO READ THE QUESTION AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON MY AGE THEN DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION AT ALL! THIS QUESTION WAS ASKED TO SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE EXPERIENCED REGARDING THIS QUESTION.

Most Helpful Girl

• To your question and your comment: Every guy is different. There is no universal sign that he will want to spend his life with you, even asking your hand in marriage. The divorce rate is higher than ever these days, sorry to burst your bubble. You'll just have to trust him. It's sounds like right now you don't have a whole lot of trust in people, because you are already trying to prepare yourself and map out your relationships. Just take them as they come. You're not going to be able to live your life without heartache. That's what you should be preparing for. To your response in the comment, you said "I am a very mature person who is not looking to date until there's a possibility of being together forever with someone.", obviously you still have a lot to learn and a lot to experience. You have to date in order to find what it is you really want in a person that you wish to spend your life with. As for that possibility you're talking about...you won't know sometimes until years down the road, and you're way to young to be worrying about it right now. More than likely guys will come and go for a few years, and you'll learn what you like and what you don't. Relationships are hard and require effort from both parties. I would say that when the guy comes along that you really truly have no 2nd guesses about if he loves you or not, doubts about his faithfulness, and can stand being around him on a daily basis for longer than 3 years...that's the guy you should spend your life with. Go off of how you truly feel and what you want and know you deserve, not the "signs" you're searching for.

• I agreed with everything you said except one thing....My parents dated for 2 years before getting married and have been together for over 20 years.....so, I'm going to have to disagree with the 3 year statement. but, your totally right about the other stuff. this qeustion was more of a curiosity thing then an actual guide. I just wanted to know what worked for other people or gain experience from being able to look at it from other peoples points of views.

• Oh this is exactly what I wanted to say but put so much better-i agree with this 100%.

• There are exceptions. Your parents are that and are lucky, but in reality it doesn't happen too often these days. Your parents are from a different decade. People took marriage for what it truly is back then.

What Guys Said 2

• You're 17 years old. You're a child. So is he.

There's less than a 1% chance that you two will spend the rest of your lives together.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. And lying about it would only make things worse for you.

So enjoy the relationship, and enjoy your time with him.

But realize that this relationship will probably not last for the rest of your life.

Good luck.

• NO, this isen't because of a boy, and I'm single btw, (you must not have read this very well) this is so when I get older, I will be able to detect it sooner then I would going on pure instinct alone. now, answer it right this time (sorry, that was bitchy, but I didn't apperciate that you assumed that I asked this qeustion because of a boy) .and, btw, I am not a "child" . I am a very mature person who is not looking to date until there's a possibility of being together forever with someone.

• When a guy gives you the remote to the TV, you know he loves you.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't know if they are hooked for life unless you end up spending your life with them.

Anything could happen,there are no sure fire signals or signs-you can't really plan it that way.

I know when I was around the same age as you I was thinking about finding a guy who would be "the one" to,but it just doesn't work like that.

Dont forget that people change all the time,as you get older and have different experiences your views,prioritys and needs change,so someone who might be in love with you now,might not be forever,and vice versa.

We have all thought we have found the one for us before and it hasn't worked out that way.

Plus,if you don't date anyone unless you think its forever,you are not only setting yourself up for a lot of heartache if it doesn't work out,but you are not going to grow as a person because we need relationship experience-good and bad,in order to find the person we end up settleing down with,and to learn about yourself and what you want-you can't make omlette without breaking a few eggs,you know?

So,if your asking how do you know if a guy is really in love with you-you won't have to ask or wonder about it,or question it,you will just know,and he will make sure you do.

I think the only way to find out if a guy is yours for life or "forever" is if you are still with him years and years later-if youve grown old with him and spent your life with him,thats the only way,its not something you can plan out like that.