Wearing a dress to a house party?

I have thick thighs so I prefer to wear skirts and dresses when I go out. I'm going to a party this weekend (I'm in college) and there is a guy I want to impress. We play sports together so he's only really seen me in active wear. I don't want to look overdressed though. Will I look out of place wearing a dress? How can I make it look more casual?

This is the cut of one of the dresses I was thinking about wearing, but mine is blue.
http://www.hm.com/us/product/28111?article=28111-A

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go with a tight mini skirt. You know, those spandex ones? They'll show off your curves!:) then maybe with a tank top, and hair down to keep it casual. Don't overdo the jewelry but since it'll most likely be dark, you can go a little heavier on the makeup (if you wear makeup of course) have fun!!! :D

What Guys Said 3

• That dress looks fine to me. It looks like a casual dress and if you usually wear them when you go out then it would be fine for a party.

• looks nice. go for it

• Well you would certainly catch my eye in a positive light with such attire, but that's just me.

What Girls Said 2

• The dress is so beautiful, it's gorgeous. Just add a thin belt on it, like red or blue (like the flowers) and it will be perfect. You will look beautiful on it. Just be yourself with this guy, don't try to be who you are not. Have fun and good luck.

• I think it'll be totally fine if you wear a dress. The dress is the link isn't something that's too fancy at all, it's cute too btws! Don't overthink it, dresses these days are in style, and it's a party. If you want it to be more casual, you could wear a jean jacket on it or something like that? Just have fun with it :)