GUYS: What EXACTLY is too much makeup?

I know everyone has their own preferences, so there will probably be varied answers here. Please try to answer these specific questions if you can:
1) Does wearing eye shadow make it too much? And not neutral colors, more like blues, purples, greens, pinks, and so on.
2) Wearing liquid eye liner with a wing on the end... too dramatic?
3) Blush... what's too much?
4) Mascara... what's too much?
5) Lipstick... do you mind bold colors?
6) Do you mind foundation if it's not cakey?
7) Is it too much to wear eyeliner and mascara on the bottom of your eye?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• No blush... no fake eyelashes -use a crimper... mascara & eyeliner shows up more easier with lighter colored eyes -but blends really well this dark eyes... and less eyeshadow because it kind of pushes it.
    Bold lipstick but it really depends on your lips shape... big lips lighter colors.. smaller pouty lips... darker colors... the best way to look at wether any of your listed options is too much is to compare a before and after pics with and without makeup... if you still look like the same person and its not too different then it fine...

here's a little fun fact... the term cosmetics derives from the scientific term "cosmos"...
    Which is the process of "creating order out of chaos"... hahahaha

• I didn't know that lol!
      What's wrong with blush? Like if it just a little bit of pink on your cheeks?

• for a guy, you know much abotu makeup! lol
      many girls look flushed out if they don't wear any blush at all. Blush, if applied with the proper amount and right technique, can be flattering because it accentuates the cheekbones and make them look higher. I know I look like I've rolled right out of bed and haven't had coffee without blush.

• Hahahs... alright then... bring on the blush ;Π]

• Damn, I've never worn makeup... what makes me qualified to answer this question? I don't know... IWhy not make yourself up a bunch of different ways, take pictures of them, post them here, and get us to vote on it? Wouldn't that be more accurate?

• 1.) yes
    2.) yes
    3.) not sure about that one
    4.) I never liked mascara
    5.) :/
    6.) if I don't notice, then no
    7.) that's what I always hated

The puppy eyes freak me out, I find them scary. The overemphasis of the eyes gives girls a painted puppy eyes look. I really don't like it. Never did. But of course, that's my own personal opinion.

• If you look like you've been rolling around in a vat of cheetoes... Too much. Less is more in that aspect.

• All ya need is some mascara if anything at all. Maybe it's just me but any amount of make up just looks bad to me. It looks like they dipped their face in mud then airsprayed it. But I understand girls like putting on make up and have learned to look past it.

• Put all of that together on one face at the same time and you've got a royal mess. Ugg.

• if i slap your head and it falls off, then it´s too much :D but honestly: lipstick, and in an emergency something to cover impurities is enough. sometimes a little eyeliner can be hot but more would be too much for me.

• Honestly don't care, whatever makes the girl feel confident, as long as it actually looks nice and isn't Cakey then it's all fine with me :)

• I like the smokey look that is hot, eyeliner, red lipstick,

• i REALLY hate when girls put on lipstick and then they draw their lips on the sides around the lipstick... that's fucking disgusting... DON'T DO IT

• lip liner? I'm not a fan either.

• I personally don't like make up. Go out how nature intended you to go out.

• tons of acne and all? would you still be attracted to her?

• Sometimes nature intends people to look ugly, that's not very good advice.

• And sometimes people are born with the ugly on the inside. cough cough

• No makeup.. as my girl friend do.. she is beautiful...

• 5 ounces of each?

I do not know all the specifics of make up :O

• so much that it looks like the joker did it, I prefer natural barely any

What Girls Said 7

• I know you wanted guys to answer, but here's my opinion anyway :D
    1) Not necessarily, if you use a very small and subtle amount. Obviously it's going to look like too much if you have all the colors of the rainbow on your eyelids. If it looks neon, it's probably too much. If it looks more like a pastel color, it's probably just right.
    2) In my opinion, no. The wing doesn't make it look dramatic (unless it reaches up to your eyebrows). What makes it look dramatic is how thick the line is. The thinner the line, the less dramatic it'll look.
    3) Too much is when you look like you've been running a marathon for 5 hours.
    4) Too much is when lumps start to form, and when your mascara makes all your eyelashes stick together, like this http://data3.whicdn.com/images/69152224/thumb.png
    5) I think that bold colors can look very appealing. But a lot of guys will be hesitant to kiss you since they probably don't want to make a mess. Lip gloss or lip balm is better if you want to go for a more natural look.
    6) Foundation is fine as long as it's a thin layer, it matches your skin tone and it doesn't look cakey.
    7) As I said, if you want your eyeliner to look more natural, just do a very thin line. And again, avoid making the mascara look lumpy.

• When no one knows at all what your real skin gone is
    When no one has an idea what the real shape of your eye brows are
    When a person can't even imagine your real bone structure

• I think that there isn't a standard "too much" makeup. Obviously, bright pink lipsticks, 5 ounces of blush, bright blue eye shadow that goes up to your eyebrow, false eyelashes dipped in mascara, and 8 layers of foundation is something everyone can agree on that is too much for nearly any occasion. It becomes too much when it's not appropriate for the occasion. Wearing bright blue eye shadow to go to a funeral - even if that's the only product you use - is not appropriate because it's out of place and too powerful; however, bright blue eye shadow for a party or for a glamorous night look is not too much and even looks nice if applied correctly. I won't look twice at a girl wearing bright pink lipstick if she's just going out, but if she's about to go to bed or take a shower, then it'll stand out to me as too much because of how inappropriate it is.

• I think too much would be if the makeup makes you look like a totally different person. (unless you're cosplaying... or on halloween)
    The right about of makeup is the kind of makeup that still makes you look natural, but accentuates your features and makes you look "awake", put together, not sleepy or tired, but ready to face the day.

• Too much foundation, too much eye liner. Too much make is when you see the girl from miles away!! Make up is suppose to make you look natural not fake, most girls nowadays look like clowns

• you shouldn't look as if you are wearing a mask. natural colors do the trick. I am for smokey eyes and bare lipstick

• Someone like Kim kardashian or nicki minaj