How do I convicd my mom to let me dye my hair?

I've never dyed me hair and I want to. I've asked my mom before and she told me I had to wait until I'm 18 and I move out. That's still 2 years away. Does anyone know how I could convince her to let me dye it?

Most Helpful Guy

• you don't want to be a brunette anymore?

• No. I want to dye it kind of an auburn color. I've had brown hair for 16 years now. I kinda want something new.

• bahahhahah! then you gotta up the ante for that as well

• Lol yeah..

What Guys Said 3

• What's her deal, her concern? seems like an innocent request. I mean, im hispanic and we pierce our little girls ears when they're toddlers lol.

• Idk. My mom is really controlling.

• yikes! well the trick to dealing with controlling people is to make them think it's their idea. How you would go about that? not sure. Here's some bad advice for you... just do it and ask for forgiveness. Unless you're trying to get her to pay for it then... never-mind. Good luck.

• I can pay for it.

• You should embrace your natural appearance and listen to your mom. Natural is better.

• It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than for permission.

What Girls Said 6

• 2 years is not going to kill you. Dying your hair isn't all that it cracks up to be. But I would suggest paying for it and talking to her about it. If she is that dead set against it then there is nothing you can do. Hair color is not all that important. There is also maintenance involved and hair damage.

This is coming from a girl who lived as a bright redhead (think firetruck) for a year.

• Ask her if she'd be okay with a hairdye that washes out after a few weeks. If that's no problem, do it and maybe she'll love that new colour on you and let you dye your hair with some more permanent product :)

• Just go dye it. Tell her it's freedom of expression and that you want to get a start on partaking in the fun of being an individual. If she kicks you out over something petty like that then I don't know what to tell but just have your good friends prepared to let you crash.

• What color do you want to dye it?

• tell her its your hair and it's really your decision. and tell her its not permanent, itll fade and wash out. let her now its something you really want. maybe even ask for hair dye as a birthday gift or a Christmas gift and she'll realize you really want it. good luck.. sorry she's too strict :(

• What color are you wanting to dye it? Just explain that you're wanting to do something exciting since you're getting older.

• Auburn. And I should try that.. Thanks haha

• Just explain it's your hair, and if you want to dye it then you should be able to. Just because she may not wanna dye her own, doesn't mean that she should control yours. That's not fair.

• She has dyed hers. She's just really controlling.