Why do people hate make up so much?

Let me start by saying I LOVE make up. I don't go over board and buy expensive make up but I buy tons of cheap make up. Why do people think girls that wear make up have low self esteem and hate themselves? Can't I just LOVE the art of applying make up? It's fun and artistic and makes me stand out quite awesomely as a bonus!

Most Helpful Girl

• You're pretty 😍

I think it's because we just suddenly had a natural skin movement and so people without make up scrutinize the people who wear it. Just like sometimes the naturals look down on the creamy cracks. Haha but I really don't understand why people put chemicals in their hair.

• Thank you! :) Pshh natural skin movement. They have organic make up. People like that should have a seatttttt. Team Natural hair all day though! :)

• Lol thanks for MH

What Guys Said 5

• You're nice without facepaint. You MIGHT be nice with it.

thestorybehindthefaces.com/.../...agostinoarts.jpg

• I have no problem with makeup at all.

• Because most women don't know how to apply it properly. Less is often more and unfortunately some women are so insecure that they feel they need to apply as much as slap on their mush as a clown does before their circus act.

• False Advertisement

• A couple of reasons - many girls don't know how to apply it properly, and slather it on far too thickly. They look ridiculous.

Second, they claim it's to make themselves more attractive, yet when guys point out that less is more, and sometimes even no make up is better, we are not believed.

Some girls will admit that in fact the make up is put on for their benefit, not the mans, and it makes them feel good. It's like armour for the soul going out. Well, that's fine. But don't say you're doing it for a guys benefit then.

Lastly, it's a form of deception, a mask, a deceit. We want to see the face of the person we're dating, not the mask she pays to put on.

• I get that some girl's do that but you gotta see her without make up some time. Maybe they feel like they need it to reel in a guy but once they get the guy they stop caring about their appearance as much? Idk. I just know I apply make up for the art and creativity I can put into it.

What Girls Said 6

• People don't think that girls who wear make up have low self esteem. Girls who perpetuate this notion are the girls who claim to be bare face (but still wearing make-up), or the ones that won't leave the house with it. When make up has become such an integral part of our lives that we fear our naked skin, then that's when people think that we have no self esteem. I love make-up too. I buy tons of it and I wear almost none. I just love it and it is fun.

• I wear makeup sometimes but not a lot. Some people see it as a mask. If you feel like you have to wear it everyday and it makes you look better then that shows low self-esteem. I think some girls over do their make up they have it caked up and have the wrong colors. if you look completely different without make-up and nobody would recognize you then it is too much. I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lip gloss i barely wear concealer or powder. Some people wear the wrong kind and they look like a ghost.

• Yeah that's true! Maybe instead of people trying to shame make up maybe they should help people apply it better with constructive criticism.

• Yeah i think it can be great as long someone doesn't look like a clown

• I rarely wear make up and would never talk say anything about someone who wears it tastefully. I look about 100 times better with make up on I'm just supremely lazy so... more power to you.

• I consider people's true faces to be them when they're most comfortable, and for many girls that's a face full of makeup. I just see it as nobody had the choice to be born with the face they were given, and makeup can be a way to show your true self. It is not a mask, quite the opposite it tells the world "this is me".

• That's a great way to look at it. If only guys would see it like that and not as deception...

• It's stupid...
    Makeup can be excellent! Knowing how to use it is what's key.

• Make up covers up real flaws and goes along with fake nails and hair.