How can you tell if your facial hair is thick enough to grow a beard?

Hey, I was wondering how you can tell that your facial hair is good enough for a well-kempt circle beard? (A half-inch long one.) Also, how long would it take to grow?

Most Helpful Girl

• Trial and error.

What Girls Said 2

• Iknow its not something you wanna hear but don't grow a beard. Females don't like them! and you also have time in the future to grow a beard when it will suit you better.

• Okay, well what do you think a beard would look like on my face? m.facebook.com/photo.php
      Ps~ I can grow facial hair, I just shave VERY regularly.

• Lol I guess I probably shouldn't grow one, considering that I'm 16..

• yeah, just wait until you're 18

• usually if you're generally a hairy guy an you have chest hair. If not, you won't really be able to grow a full beard.

What Guys Said 2

• You just have to grow it out and see. Make sure that its not patchy otherwise it will look horrible. If you have even growth then keep trimming the edge regularly so as to prevent the homeless man beard syndrome.

• How long do you think it would take to grow a nice thin-beard? A month?

• The only way is to try. Judging by your age I doubt you would be able to. And at your age it would take much longer than say me for example. A half inch beard would take approximately a month and a half.