Guys, how do you feel about girls who wear culturally or religiously expressive clothing?

You know, like turbans, traditional clothing, hijab, expressive jewelry and the like. Completely unapproachable, hot, or somewhere in between? Just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it would depend on what is was. If I saw a girl wear a cross necklace I would try to approach her if I found her to be attractive. A girl in a hijab I would not try to approach not because she is not attractive but because I know that Muslim girls are only supposed to be with guys who are Muslim. The girl with the necklace could be that same, maybe she would only want to date a guy who is also Christian but I would have no clue of that at first, whereas with a girl in a hijab it is obvious.

What Guys Said 7

• Ehh, that's ethnic wardrobe honestly doesn't attract me. It doesn't make you unapproachable, but it doesn't make you hot either. It just doesn't positively affect your attraction level the way that other clothing can.

And I consider myself very non-religious, so anything that has to do with religion is more of a turn-off than turn-on. I don't see the purpose in being devoutly religious, so a relationship with somebody who is very religious would likely not work well.

• It places boundaries up that most Americans find hard to overcome. If a woman's face was not covered then I would be fine with it. if she wore the full face cover then the barrier would be difficult without a different icebreaker such as being a coworker or acquaintance.

• Interesting perspective. Nothing like a face veil or anything. Just something covering most of the hair and normal western clothing that covers the body (jeans, long sleeved shirts, etc.). Thanks!

• I like the different cultures uniqueness as long as it does not dehumanize women.

• It's okay as long as it's not at all times.

• For me, they would be unapproachable. I'm very much a Westerner.

• I have no problem with women wearing religious clothing or jewelery... but i do find it a huge turn off. So it would put me off a potential partner, but i wouldn't ever protest a person wearing that.

• If you think it's important to show what you believe or where you come from, then sure, go ahead, you're free to express yourself and i certainly won't judge you. Dont expect me to find it pretty if you have a towel covering your face though.

• Not interested.

What Girls Said 0