Body modification... What are your thoughts?

I have the standard ear piercings and a few small tattoos. I think that's as far as I'd go with body modifications.
What are your overall thoughts on body modification? ear gauges, piercings, tattoos or otherwise...

Updates:
If you modified your body, do you think there would ever be a point in your life that you regretted your decision to do so?

0|1
7|7

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I was into them. Now that I'm older I thank God I was broke and unable to get them.

1|0
    0|0
    • I completely get that. I've got 5 tattoos, but I've made sure to have them all in places that can be covered up in case I need to for professional reasons, or even if I just don't want to see them. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Its fine and good if you like to do but what i think is..

We are a picture made by God who is a perfectionist so why to destroy his picture?

0|0
    0|0
  • If you ever get in trouble with the law and the Judge is 50/50 in normal circumstances the winner goes with the dress, manors and respect. If you have a tattoo, automatic 50/50 turns against you. Tattoo means poor judgment in so many worlds.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say it's fine as long as you don't go over board. Basically if I could stick a decent sized magnet to your face than you may have gone too far. Also I don't believe in any cosmetic surgery. That's my 10 1/2 cents on it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what you do to your body, but what am I attracted to?

I can handle a girl with a piercing on her face although I don't prefer it. My girlfriend has a small stud in her nose and that's okay with me. I cannot stand ear gauges. Those are the dumbest things I've ever seen. Lip and nose rings are a turn off for me. A few tattoos are cool. I may want to get a few when I'm older. I'm not into sleeves though. However, I do find belly button rings kind of sexy unless you got a muffin top.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything extreme is an instant deal breaker for me. I was going to ask a girl out today, she had multiple ear piercings which I find tolerable, but she had a tarot that covered half her chest. Nope!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ear gauges look retarded, All body mods should follow the standard that less is more, in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. I don't get the whole thing about stretching your earlobes. Lol

• Piercings you can take out. Gauges need surgery if you don't want floppy lobes.

• Sorry. I find myself laughing at "floppy lobes". I've got this visual going on in my head now. Lol ;)

What Girls Said 7

• I'm all for body modification from dying my hair (Technically considered a form of body modification) to tattoos and stretching my ears. I've had quite a few different piercings and I have tattoos as well. I used to have my ears stretched. but that's as far as I'd go. When you start getting into dermal implants and things like that, I draw the line lol But I don't think anything of it when other people have the more extreme body mods.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have nothing against anyone who decides to modify their body. It's their choice. I just personally wouldn't go any further than I have with modifications.
      Can I ask why you decided to have your ears stretched? I'm just trying to understand someone's reasoning behind wanting it done. :)

• I always liked the way they looked and for me I feel as though there's a bit of respect (to others that have their ears stretched) that comes along with stretching your ears because it takes patience and dedication to stretch your ears.

• I like them :3 they look cool, and it's your body you can whatever you want with it and no one can tell you not to. :3

0|0
    0|0
    • Have you done any body modifications yet, or do you plan to at some point? :)

• I only have my ears pierced as of now, but once I am able to get a tattoo I might :3

• I've got none. I don't really like piercings much, but I like tattoos, as long as they don't go too overboard and aren't all ones of naked women or something xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I just enjoy at least one stud nose piercing... No tattoos, and no ear gauges (ew) I find those extremely unattractive especially on a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love most things when artfully done. Some are just obnoxious.

I have various piercings and tattoos (small to large).

0|0
    0|0
  • i hate piercings i'd never get them anywhere but ear maybe but i really like cute little wrist tattoes. i might get a temporary one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm really not a big fan of them on myself or on other people

1|0
    0|0