Body modification... What are your thoughts?

I have the standard ear piercings and a few small tattoos. I think that's as far as I'd go with body modifications.
What are your overall thoughts on body modification? ear gauges, piercings, tattoos or otherwise...

If you modified your body, do you think there would ever be a point in your life that you regretted your decision to do so?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I was into them. Now that I'm older I thank God I was broke and unable to get them.

• I completely get that. I've got 5 tattoos, but I've made sure to have them all in places that can be covered up in case I need to for professional reasons, or even if I just don't want to see them. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Its fine and good if you like to do but what i think is..

We are a picture made by God who is a perfectionist so why to destroy his picture?

• If you ever get in trouble with the law and the Judge is 50/50 in normal circumstances the winner goes with the dress, manors and respect. If you have a tattoo, automatic 50/50 turns against you. Tattoo means poor judgment in so many worlds.

• I say it's fine as long as you don't go over board. Basically if I could stick a decent sized magnet to your face than you may have gone too far. Also I don't believe in any cosmetic surgery. That's my 10 1/2 cents on it

• I don't care what you do to your body, but what am I attracted to?

I can handle a girl with a piercing on her face although I don't prefer it. My girlfriend has a small stud in her nose and that's okay with me. I cannot stand ear gauges. Those are the dumbest things I've ever seen. Lip and nose rings are a turn off for me. A few tattoos are cool. I may want to get a few when I'm older. I'm not into sleeves though. However, I do find belly button rings kind of sexy unless you got a muffin top.

• Anything extreme is an instant deal breaker for me. I was going to ask a girl out today, she had multiple ear piercings which I find tolerable, but she had a tarot that covered half her chest. Nope!

• Ear gauges look retarded, All body mods should follow the standard that less is more, in my opinion

• I agree. I don't get the whole thing about stretching your earlobes. Lol

• Piercings you can take out. Gauges need surgery if you don't want floppy lobes.

• Sorry. I find myself laughing at "floppy lobes". I've got this visual going on in my head now. Lol ;)

What Girls Said 7

• I'm all for body modification from dying my hair (Technically considered a form of body modification) to tattoos and stretching my ears. I've had quite a few different piercings and I have tattoos as well. I used to have my ears stretched. but that's as far as I'd go. When you start getting into dermal implants and things like that, I draw the line lol But I don't think anything of it when other people have the more extreme body mods.

• I have nothing against anyone who decides to modify their body. It's their choice. I just personally wouldn't go any further than I have with modifications.
      Can I ask why you decided to have your ears stretched? I'm just trying to understand someone's reasoning behind wanting it done. :)

• I always liked the way they looked and for me I feel as though there's a bit of respect (to others that have their ears stretched) that comes along with stretching your ears because it takes patience and dedication to stretch your ears.

• I like them :3 they look cool, and it's your body you can whatever you want with it and no one can tell you not to. :3

• Have you done any body modifications yet, or do you plan to at some point? :)

• I only have my ears pierced as of now, but once I am able to get a tattoo I might :3

• I've got none. I don't really like piercings much, but I like tattoos, as long as they don't go too overboard and aren't all ones of naked women or something xD

• Honestly I just enjoy at least one stud nose piercing... No tattoos, and no ear gauges (ew) I find those extremely unattractive especially on a man.

• Love most things when artfully done. Some are just obnoxious.

I have various piercings and tattoos (small to large).

• i hate piercings i'd never get them anywhere but ear maybe but i really like cute little wrist tattoes. i might get a temporary one.

• I'm really not a big fan of them on myself or on other people