Girls, would it matter to you if a guy had tattoos?

How many tattoos, in your opinion would be too many? Would the content of the tattoo matter? I have one (and an appointment for a second) it takes up most of my left upper arm and sticks out a bit when I'm in short sleeves. The one I will get is gonna be on the left side of my chest. I'm just curious as to how much this may matter to girls, especially since the're somewhat large, and mostly hidden, so people don't necessarily expect me to have tats when they first meet me.

I made sure to get my tattoos in places they could be covered if need be. Especially since the career I'm trying to get into may not approve of visible tattoos.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm honestly not that much into heavy tattoos. I'm a long term thinker and don't imagine me being attracted to a man with full on tattoos 20 years down the line... or when I'm like 50 years old. With that said, if he can still hold a professional career then it makes it better. The fact that your sleeves don't cover everything is a plus. I have mixed feelings over it so my conclusion is I wouldn't have a preference in dating a man with lots of tattoos, BUT I'm not going to completely shut him down over that either. The only deal breaker is if he is like completely covered and can't get a decent job cause of it.

What Girls Said 17

• I actually find tattoos to be extremely attractive on guys. I don't know why, I guess there is something about them that I love. If you want tattoos, get them, don't not get them because some people might not like them.

• As long as less than 50% of your body is covered in tattoos, I think you're in the clear. I like tattoos as long as they're done well. I don't care much about originality, as long as it's not some random Chinese character or a tribal tattoo, lol.

• I personally prefer somebody with no tattoos, but a lot of my friends love guys with tattoos. Everybody is different. Usually though, girls with at least one. tattoo like guys or don't mind guys with tattoos. Some girls without like them to, but I'm just saying in general.
    I do think lots of tattoos can look really good, but just not my thing.

• Love tattoos, I think they're gorgeous and can compliment a man or womans body. If you like them that's what matters in the end. No such things as too many tattoos for me unless I guess he had all his face and like ball sack covered. BUT vulgar, offensive (racist, sexist etc..) tattoos disgust me.

• I don't have tattoos myself, but my fiance has a couple. As long as you're not covered, it's okay to me.

• I like tattoos; don't have any myself but I think they can often add to the visual appeal of a guy. So long as they're tasteful and have meaning, I have no problem. My favourite wrestlers (LOL) had/have interesting ones and they added to their attitude.
    When a person is totally covered or almost covered it can be off putting. Like piercings on the face.
    I am kinda attracted to guys who do have them.

• i like tattoos so i think they give bonus attraction points hahaha
    i dont mind if someone is covered. but Zombie Boy has too many haha.. they kind of suit him though. i like his look so maybe not. content isn't really important to me as long as they aren't stupid, vulgar tattoos like those idiots who get a naked girl with her legs spread tattooed on them. i just dont get that

• i love them to be tiny, like on chest or neck, but i dont like what Randy Orton has! Lol! he looks like wearing shirt sleeves only... :pppp

• Tattoos.< :3

• I like tattoos as long as they dont cover your whole body then its fine, some here and there and its just awesome :) aha

• I love tattoos. I have a few myself. As long as they are somewhat tasteful, I think they are great. I met a guy recently who had these tattoos on the inside of his forearm and it was sooooo sexy.

• Wouldn't matter to me, I love tattoos. As long as it doesn't cover your whole body you're fine.

• Well, a tiny one would be cool it's a bit bad boy rebel (fangirling) style but too many makes it look... Stupid? Can't find a better word, sorry if it sounds a bit strong but you should try things in moderation... ^_^"

• I really hate tattoos so that would be a deal breaker for him

• I don't mind tattoo on guys aslong as it's not that obvious or ink anywhere part where it will get cover, cause I just notice it. As I always see the tattoo, it also made me realize that its dirty. But maybe it depends, cause I also like tattoos.

• I don't love it but my man has one on his chest it isn't visible though but if my parents don't see it I'm good.

• Love tattoos and to be honest doesn't matter on how many as long as it has meaning to him and wasn't done in the back alley of someones store.

Tattoos are art and make you, you.

What Guys Said 0