I always smear my eyeliner? Any advice?

I know I shouldn't rub my eyes, but they tend to itch a lot. I also like to wear softer eyeliner in blue or gray. It has always smeared a lot... I'm starting to wonder, now that I have slightly more money, if there is a good way to fix this.

Most Helpful Girl

• try a liquid, cream, or gel liner. Put in eye drops at least 10 minutes before makeup application. There are also makeup setting sprays you can spray on a brush and pay over your eyeliner like urban decay all nighter or model in a bottle. Elf lock and seal is cheap and also works.

• Have you ever tried settling spray?

• Cool! Thanks!

• No problem! Good luck and if you decide to try setting sprays don't get them in your eyes!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Are you talking liquid eyeliner on your upper lash-line, or pencil liner? Either way, I found the best way to prevent smudging is to invest in high quality liner that is a bit more expensive but totally worth it.

One that I swear by, has been raved about as the best by celebrity make-up artists and isn't all that much more than drug-store brands is liquid liner by Stila. Their pencil ones have a lot of staying power as well, to the point that I'll put some on before a night out clubbing where I get all sweaty, rub my eyes a couple of times and everything is still in place when I get home a few hours later.

• I use pencil eyeliner, but cheaper stuff you can get at Target, etc. Sounds like I may just need to spend a little more.

• Use an eyeshadow primer if you have an oily skin type which could be the cause. A lot of people like urban decay of that's in your price range

• There are some water/smudge proof eyeliners, you could try those, also you could use itching relief drops before you put the liner on?

• Have you tried liquid waterproof eyeliner. I use it all the time since I touch my eyes a lot. doesn't smudge , only during the early times of application incase you make a mistake.
    The brand I mostly use is FaceShop (Korean brand beauty store)

• I've tried it, but not for a while. Have you used liquid in any other color than black?

• I have tried a brown before too , works the same ~

• Thanks! I've only tried black and didn't know how softer colors would look.

• Dont use liquid eyeliner. Use gel or pencil eyeliner.
    Also being waterproof eyeliner helps too a bit.