Belly button piercings - what do you think of them?

Since I was maybe 5 I've thought that belly button rings were the greatest thing and today I was given the "ok" by my father to get it done (live under his house, his rules. And he's paying). What is the public perception of them now? I still think they're hot, obviously cause I'm getting it done but I'm curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're cute, but they get bad really easily, infections etc even if you do clean it regularly things can go wrong and your body can reject it

• I'm terrified of that happening.

• Generally I wear baggy shirts unless I wear a tight dress, but six months?

• Usually takes 4-6 months for it to heal fully

What Guys Said 7

• I am not into piercings anywhere except the ears. But that's my opinion.

• If she has a flat stomach then it looks good, if not its just a mess.

• I don't really like them. Only piercings I can stand on a girl are ears and nose. Not a nose ring, though.

• No one I know has them, so I don't really know.

• Naval piercings can be cool. I'm not really into piercings anywhere other than the ears and the belly button.

• Public perception? Oh god... WHO CARES. Go for it.

• Personally, I find all body piercings (aside from ears) to be a turn-off... belly button, face, tongue, etc. I think it looks trashy.

• As trashy as tattoos on the lower back and back of the neck (or anywhere for that matter).

What Girls Said 8

• I'm getting one in a week! I started loving them when i was younger cause i used to watch movies with cheerleaders and they would have them and i thought they were the coolest. I love then basically

• Yes! That and seeing Britney or Xtina influenced my want for one as well.

• I'm getting it done this weekend, but I bought a dark blue gemstone with a sea turtle 😊

• That sounds cute! Im getting a silver bow and i can't wait!

• they are cute

• Love them more than practically anything. Go for it!!!

• I love them ! It looks good on the people I've seen that got it.

• Im a fan of piercings but belly button piercings aren't my cup of tea. Any girl has it.

• They're super cute.

• I find them repulsive. My friend used to have one and I couldn't look at it without feeling queasy..

• I really like them. I think they're adorable