Girls, what makes you prefer to wear knee highs (below the knee) instead of normal socks?

I see the reason why a girl would choose to wear pantyhose: either it's too cold for bare legs or it makes a nice combination with her skirt/dress/shoes.

But very often, even below long pants and boots (so completely covered) girls prefer to wear knee highs like on the pic instead of the classic polyester or cotton socks.
img.hema.nl/.../...20801-product_rd-1716690831.jpg

Given that they'll ruin so much quicker than socks, what would make you prefer them over socks?

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Girl

• They show off my sexy thighs lol thats why i wear them teehee

0|0
    0|0
    • So would you wear them as socks, under a short dress or skirt?
      I thought ladies generally wore these under long trousers... generally when you see the top of a ladies knee highs (I don't mean garter belt stockings, see picture) that's seen a a turn-off...

• Show All
    • A short answer but to the point :-)
      Just put them on and the guys 'll be on the pursuit haha!

• Haha yup thank you so much MH by the way :D

What Girls Said 5

• They look nice? lol honestly iv never worn such a thing like that under long pants (I wear sock !! I love socks.. socks are my life )

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear socks nor do i wear tights i hate them

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh dear, so you always go bare feet than?

• Show All
    • I highly doubt this

• I don't wear socks either unless I have soccer practice or a game. Socks are uncomfortable for me. When it's hot, they soak up sweat and start to rub my heels all the wrong ways.

• In winter they're warm, and I like how they look on me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, stupid me but I'd assume that, since they look so thin they keep little of your body heath "inside"... but you'll forgive me, as a guy I've never worn them :-(
      Not even secretly those from mom when I was a guy haha :-)

• Show All
    • Oh sorry, look at the pic... I mean the thin nylon ones. I was just wondering why a girl would wear them, since probably after 4-5 wearings or so they'll have runs (ladders). Whereas a normal cotton or polyester sock would last much longer.
      Especially since girls sometimes wear them under long trousers & boots, invisible.
      The other GAG'ers (below) clarified they're light and comfortable to wear... something that obviously as a guy I cannot know haha :-)

• Okay, then we meant two different things.

• lol as Camifunkyballet said and it's light not heavy so it works really well on any thing it"s more easy too

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it looks sexy and pimps every outfit.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for adding that! Other girls mentioned the potential to wear them with shorts and also the fact they were lighter and easier to wear than regular socks.

What Guys Said 1