Shirt and tie. What looks better, rolled or unrolled sleeves?

If a guy is wearing slacks, or dark jeans, and a tie, should he leave the sleeves down, or roll them up?

• sleeves should be rolled
    100% (3)80% (4)88% (7)Vote
  • sleeves should be left down
    0% (0)20% (1)12% (1)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on the setting and the image you are trying to portray. Generally speaking, you are choosing between formal and casual.

For formal dinner parties, keep the sleeves down. For casual bars and/or clubs, keep the sleeves rolled up.

With slacks you generally want to keep the sleeves rolled down since your overall image is formal. With dark jeans, rolled sleeves are more fitting for the casual look.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• For the love of God wear them rolled up. So fucking sexy that i almost drool if i ever see a guy wearing exactly those which is rare.

0|1
    0|0
  • :) LMAO...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You should let the weather guide you. If its a situation too formal to roll sleeves, its too formal for jeans.

If its hot, roll them, not, down. Dressing weather appropriate usually looks better then dressing in a way that makes no sense, which looks... affected.

I'd also avoid the 'below the elbow' roll if your shirt is tucked in. it looks good sitting at a table or for a press photo, but actually walking around, if you cut the sleeves off at the same length as the tucked in shirt, it looks odd. Untucked shirt tieless, by all means do the below elbow roll. But tucked in, if you're rolling roll to the bicep.

0|0
    0|1
  • lose the tie and roll up the sleeves. but always roll up the sleeves.

0|0
    0|1