Side shave? (Girls and guys!)?

Ok I'm wanting to get a small side shave on the left side on my head. I say small as I will be able to cover it if I wanted to with the rest of my hair. I've got long brown hair that comes down to my elbows.
The only thing that is stopping me is that I feel that it will look bad and maybe even un-feminine. I don't want to look come off ugly to other people.
I've asked my friends about it and the girls said it would look really nice but my guy friends have said hell no and that they won't allow it.

Girls what do you think I should do? If not a side shave, got any other hair style ideas?
And guys, what are your opinions on it? Do you find it attractive on a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm sorry but we aren't hiring right now."

What Guys Said 3

• No, no, no, no, noooooo.

Side shaves look so goofy, regardless of gender. Please don't do that.

• No, no, no NOOOO! The side shave haircut is one of those things that girls like but guys hate. Please dont do it.

• not attractive to me.

What Girls Said 6

• The undercut? Nooooo, that's gotta be one of the worst hairstyles ever. Plus your hair will grow out all uneven unless you buzz it all off. Don't do it, it's a terrible haircut.

• To me side shaves look like a silly hairstyle that angsty rebellious teenagers get.

img4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Just...No.gif

• Girl no that looks zero attractive in my opinion

• I think it looks really cool, but not everyone can pull it off. Seems like the guys dont like it very much tho

• I don't think you should get a side shave

• Eh. Played out now. Not a good look anymore.