How weird is it to look like a girl if you are a guy?

I am a guy, and I am not gay at all, but some people think that I am a girl at first. Some people know I am a guy at first glance, so I guess it is different for different people. It is mostly because I am blond and my hair goes to my jaw, but I think it looks good that way. I might get it cut but if girls don't really care about me kind of looking like a girl I will just leave it. It is very irritating and I do my best to act as manly as I can, but people sometimes still think I am a girl. How weird is this for girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• some guys do look like girls when undergoing puberty...even in the womb...all babies start out as girls until their sex is determined a little into pregnancy...and then they either form testosterone for a penis or estrogen for a vagina...lol...but initially they start out as girls...just a fact for thought...anyways...i think it all comes down to your confidence level and esteem...if you are not happy with the way you look, you should make some changes...and get a haircut, dress differently...improve yourself...theres always room for improvement in everyone, no one is perfect...and when you find that happiness within yourself you will be confident...its not about what others think of you...you should be yourself and happy the way you are. If you feel happy the way you currently are...dont care what others think and just be. However since you are under 18 and undergoing puberty...i think a lot of guys look girly at this phase of life...and when you develop your hormones some more you will form manly features...its with time...once you get to college you will be hairy, and bulkier and manly...you shouldnt worry too much about it now...haha no one likes puberty! its an awkward...ugly..phase that you just have to deal with...but once you grow out of it everything smooths out on its own..dont worry =]

What Girls Said 4

• Androgyny is Hot.

I went to a party last weekend and met this strapping fellow in his wife's undersized scoop neck and leotard. I don't know if it was his chest hair bushing out of his neckline or how that tight shirt showed off all of his muscle, but he was sex in a below-the knee skirt.

Point: wear whatever you want, hold yourself however you want, don't feel judged or expected to behave 'right' by anyone. Hell, grow your hair out and shave your legs! If you pull it off hard enough next thing you know, you'll have started a trend.

I'm tall and athletic and could always pull off a guy look if I tucked my hair under a hat. Now that my hair is short mostly just old ladies don't get that I'm a woman. Anyone within your dating range would probably have more of their senses in tact and through conversational context, would understand you were male.

You should check into wearing Utilikilts. Oh and when someone "says, "How will you be paying, miss?" you dead pan in the deepest voice, "Put it on my Visa." It' is hilarious, 'cause for an instant you get see someone in a stupor of audio/visual conflict. Even then they still might not get it. What do you care?

Only weird if you make it, and make it weird.

• well if it really bothers you, just cut your hair, maybe get some

bulkier clothes and get girls opinions on how you look. Being a

feminine looking guy is not bad either, a lot of girls prefer that

and most of them do look hot. Don't worry about it too much,

you'll be fine.

• my advice: cut your hair. You're a man, and if your being mistaken for a girl that's a major problem.

Let's just put it this way, in a relationship, I want to be the pretty one hahaha

• Androgyny can be cool.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know how that is for girls, but it sounds hilarious to me. hahahaha