Premature grey hair.... is it a curse or a gift?

I recently turned 20 and I have noticed an abundance of grey beginning to show up upstairs. I noticed my very first grey hair at 16 and have recently noticed hundreds all around the sides of my and back of my head. Most of it is concentrated just above my sideburns and runs around the back, along a line where a hat would sit. I have a feeling it is just going to get "worse" as time goes on, as going grey too early seems pretty common in my family. It doesn't bother me much, I tend to ignore it and go about my business without it crossing my mind. But I was wondering what women tend to think of it. I know lots of women like it in "older" men (the George Clooney look haha) but when you're my age, it seems like it would be a turn off. My girlfriend of 3 years thinks it's the "cutest thing", but I was wondering what some other women had to say about it.

As a quick description of myself... I'm 6'3 & 180lbs, have fairly short dark brown hair (easy to maintain but still "style-able") and green eyes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could be kinda cute. For women is is a curse though. I hate the double standards in beauty.

What Girls Said 4

• I know a guy who's 23 and completely silver-grey, and he's very hot. He looks a lot like Anderson Cooper, actually (though he gets all p*ssy if you tell him that, haha... he hears it a lot, lol).

Any hair color - even grey - can be really attractive as long as the guy carries it off well & has confidence in it. Trust your girlfriend ;)

• Seriously, honestly, it's not a problem. It can be quite cute and attractive. And if you're girlfriend is accepting then that's wonderful.

My boyfriend is nearly 30 and he's starting to get a bit of grey hair, and I don't mind it at all. He's still handsome regardless.

Just have confidence, it's more of a positive attribute then you'd think.

• Well if your girlfriend thinks it's cute that's all that matters. But a guy who's young with grey hair isn't completely bad. It can be cute.As a matter of a fact it is cute, but if you're just really upset about it you could always dye it.

• I think it is a curse for women, doesn't really matter for guys.

What Guys Said 1

• I started going gray in my late teens (prematurely gray hair is a family trait for me). Now, I've got gray streaks at my temples and forehead. And I get a lot of positive comments on it ... mostly from women.