Just got dumped. I think it is because I do not look good enough. What do you think?

I know it is a weird picture, but the only recent one I've got and my laptop camera isn't working atm. Am I really that butt-ugly? Please be honest, I need some perspective on this. I am aware how ridiculously vain and shallow this exercise is, but please indulge me ;)

This is how I look like in the morning. Hung-over. Pretty much the worst I can look. Not even brushed my hair.

this is what I looked like with short hair: https://imageshack.com/i/kpfLGMoIj
Maybe I should specify - it wasn't as much a 'break up' as him not wanting to commit to me despite spending lots of time together (20 days non-stop 24/7 per month in the last 3 months) and being best friends beforehand...

Most Helpful Guy

• Why can't it just be because you two weren't compatible in his mind?

• Because we were best friends. We never fought, we had an awesome time together, he confided in me about everything, I was there for him, he was there for me blablabla - definitely not a character-compatibility issue.

• And I wonder whether that was the issue considering he had absolutely gorgeous ex-girlfriends. You know - whether I was just good enough as a 'friend' he would shag in private, but not good enough to be official.

• Being on the same page is lightyears difference from you getting on GaG to have strangers judge your looks (with the implication you don't think they're good). If you decide you want vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate, does that mean that chocolate is bad and undesirable?

Maybe you weren't up to his standards in attractiveness. But that doesn't equate to you being unattractive anyway.

What Guys Said 15

• no you're not really that butt ugly:P you look pretty. and you got a hung over pretty look to you hahaa. :D

• I have a feeling that if one is in a relationship with someone then their looks are the least definitive factor in initiating a breakup. There's nothing wrong with your looks.

• Is the baby his? This is rather important in terms of your question.

• No, that's my niece ;)

• He's had time since February to commit ;) That's way beyond 20 days...

• Bah, yeah I went into dipshit mode there, ignore that.

February is too long for no commitment.

• Who says it is a weird pic. It is awsome and sufficient enough to attract anybody. congrats. sexy lady

• Look fine to me. Looks like you just had a wild time in bed. Great smile.

• you look good dont worry

• Did you cut your hair during that time period?

• haha no, I have it long now. The short hair was 2 years ago, he did not know me then ;)

• I don't think your looks are to blame for the break up. Something else was going on.

• No way he dumped you for ugliness. You're beautiful.

• Well it's not the best picture but I'd probably go out with you

• You are pretty.

• You are very attractive (to me at least).

• I think you look great

• You're very pretty! and brunette so you're good in my book

• You look pretty good. But what are you hiding with your hair, I wonder.

• You're attractive. It's not your looks. Maybe he just wasn't ready to commit.

What Girls Said 8

• You're not ugly and I don't think you think you are either, you're upset (with good reason) and you're hoping this isn't the reason and wanting a boost (again, fair enough).

It will be something else. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't have dated you. It could be any number of reasons and without more information like what he said when he did the dumping, there's not much we can do to help you identify what the reason is.
    Unless you already know the reason he left you?

• It was more of the issue that he would not commit. Did not want to call me his girlfriend, wanted to keep things casual even though he was pretty much living with me for the past 2 months. So that's why I am wondering... he never said why.

• How old is he?
      Some people are just scared of commitment. And from the sounds of it, it sounds as if he was getting everything he wanted from you without the tagline of 'girlfriend'. He could go out and do what he wanted and still have you to come home to at the end of it.
      Sadly, there are some people in this world who want all their options open and exploit as much as they can.
      I think you need a bit of a break and to show other guys what they're missing. If he really had feelings for you, he'd realise his mistake pretty quick. Good luck hun, I hope you're not too upset.

• You look cute in the short hair pic. Dont worry about getting dumped go sleep with his best friend. Joke. Well maybe kinda. Nah dont sweat it go have fun be free! Dont give him any pitty sex... if he recontacts you.

• Ummmm... I'm pretty sure if he got in a relationship with you he must have thought you were attractive so... that's definitely not the issue in this situation. -unless you've changed something major about yourself during the relationship period.

• Maybe I should have specified - it was not so much official dumping as in 'not committing'...

• Well... this changes everything...
      So... maybe he's just not the type to commit. Maybe he wants to live it up some more.
      Not everyone (especially guys) is prone to commitment - especially in their teens and 20's. OR maybe you're not that 'perfect person' he's imagined in his head and that's why he doesn't want to commit. Like it or not, almost all of us have that person in our heads, but some of us choose to compromise and forgive some small shortcomings, while others cling desperately to their perfect person and more often than not, end up alone. O. o
      Rough... I know.

• guys can be insensitive sometime... no gal in the world is ugly... its boys who can't see the beauty of the gal who love him... forget and move on.. as quickly as u can... and believe me, you have a beautiful skin...

• No one breaks up with someone for "being ugly" - they know what you look like prior to dating. You were probably dumped for personality

• You look really good. You're beautiful. :)

• No you are not ugly, you are beautiful. He is just you know a d**k!

• If the guy that dumped you found you unattractive, he wouldn't have dated you to begin with.