Bowties: Is there a way to wear a plaid bowtie without looking like a huge geek?

I wear regular ties almost every time I leave the house. Recently, I've decided to experiment with bowties. I've got two diagonal stripped ties, and they've been working out pretty well. I like the way they look, they don't wear as tight around the neck, I've gotten positive reactions towards them, and my sweetheart likes the a lot. I've seen a few nice plaid bowties and am contemplating trying one out. I think they're a little geekier, so I was curios if there is any way to wear one without looking like a huge nerd. Any suggestions would be great. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• :) aww that's too adorable. Sounds like she's a lucky girl to have you. :) And wear a shirt that matches with one of the colors in the plaid bow tie. :)

What Girls Said 5

• Sounds like you've already got your own style, so just keep rocking that. Confidence is the main thing. And matching the colors in your clothes to one of the colors in thee bowtie should help.

• I love bow ties I think they're really classy and very stylish if you can pull them off then go you:)

• If you wear some bright colours it might look like you are trying to look "hipster" but on PURPOSE!!!

• If you look like a jock, you won't look like a geek because of a bowtie. If you naturally look like a geek, you'll look like one without the bowtie. But who cares? Do what you want.

• just go with the geek look, it's in style:)

What Guys Said 0