Stretch Marks?

I'm losing weight and I wanted to know if my stretch marks will go way or if I should treat them somehow now as I'm losing weight rather than waiting last minute when I reach my goal next year. What are some tips for losing stretch marks?

Most Helpful Girl

• They will lighten with time...and vitamin E helps a little but the truth is the only way to get them to go away completely is airbrushing on a computer. It ticks me off how in prego magazines you won't see a single stretch mark. Sure some people never get them...but lots of people do.

What Guys Said 2

• I lost a bunch of weight, and I am not conscious of my own stretch marks...I've done research, and I've realized that they aren't going anywhere unless you use lotions. They WILL fade eventually, but if you want any hope of getting rid of them, get a lotion as soon as possible and use it as instructed.

Also, working out will not fade stretch marks.

• To prevent them you should get vitamins A and C which also can help to get rid of them. Also stay hydrated.

To get rid of them you could just wait they will go away with time. Or else else there's something called Tretinoin cream which works great on scars and should work.

What Girls Said 4

• well I wish I've known this earlier ,like when I first started getting stretch marks since I wa slosing weight.. my friend did this and totally worked on her but its different from a person to another depends on how sensitive your skin is.

If the stretch marks are still red which mean sthey re still NEW you can rub olive oil on them before you go to bed without rinsing it with water.. and do the same thing after your shower or maybe when you wake up..in the morning..

but if they re gone all white and fading that means they re not going anywhere and its too late.. so HURRY UP

• nothing will make stretch marks go away. they don't stay red, they eventually fade to white, which for some people, like me, makes them invisible. for people with darker skin, it's not so great. all you can do is try to prevent more from popping up by using a lotion with shea butter in it, like Palmers. Mederma helps get rid of the redness faster and can make them loose smaller.

• Drink a lot of water as well as exercise then they'll go away. There's also lotion that helps make them go away, I think one of the well known brands just came out with a new one.

• Losing weight won't make them go away. Mederma is supposed to help them go away. Although they won't completely disappear, they will fade on their own.