Why do girls get so offended when guys are shocked when seeing them without makeup? Shouldn't it be expected?

Most Helpful Girl

• No because guys alllwways call make up "clownish" and say they love when girls don't wear any make up. And once you leave the house with no foundation, concealer, guys think that you're sick or not feeling well. Just shows how much bulls it is when guys complain about make up. It means that these guys still want us to wear makeup, they just don't want to be able to tell that wearent wearing makeup. Meaning that they don't want us to ruin the fantasy of us being flawlessly beautiful. It basically means that these guys preach natural beauty, but they dont believe in it nor do they prefer it when it comes down to it.

And before someone goes whinning I know its not all men. I'm simply describing the men who do this and why it offends some women.

What Girls Said 8

• Not when you're all on this "I like girls who don't wear make up. Natural beauty FTW!" Kick.

The majority of guys think this but are still shocked when they see women without it.

• Guess it depends on how much makeup you use.

I work in a hospital, so my makeup is pretty natural. Even when I go out to do errands, I keep the low key, natural look. I keep the more glam look for going out and special occasions. So I doubt a guy would be shocked if he saw me with my face washed.

Now if you use a lot of makeup for day-to-day looks, then yes he would be shocked and the girls shouldn't be offended. She actually should expect it.

• Because its like saying "EGH IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE?" and it implies you dont like our true appearance :(

• This is why I hardly wear makeup ever. I avoid false advertising when I'm single so that this doesn't happen.

• No? We still look the same except with our "flaws" showing like acne or dark circles, or our eyelashes are as prevalent. Guys always say they want a girl who is "natural" then say shit like that.

• This is why I'm not a makeup person...

• No it shouldn't be expected? That shit is hurtful! Is't like saying "OMG are you THAT ugly?"

• Are you guys seriously that stupid. You think girl is false advertising when she wears make up? Yeah, girls totally have suuper long black curled lashes, dark skin around their eyes and bright red lips...

You seem to velieve everything

• images.sankakucomplex.com/.../...waii-makeup-1.jpg

You're a woman but it seems like even though you wear make up you still still be incredibly ignorant.

• I am referring to foundation and stuff that makes the skin look better. Of course the guy is going to be shocked when he finds out his girlfriend has ugly acne infested skin

• @TheBiggestDreamer link doesn't work. And I dont wear any make up than mascara.

And Asker. Are you asking girls that have bad skin walk around without foundation so that guys can flat out comment about their skin? Maybe girls are insecure about skin problems and cover them up with make up because men like you seem for perfection and say rude things to girls?
      So you guys can blame yourselves that women wear a lot of make up

What Guys Said 2

• Haha well if you're shocked to the point they feel like Godzilla..

• Because when a guy sees his girlfriend without makeup, he looks like GO away strange girl, if my girlfriend sees you, she would definitely accuse me of cheating with an ugly girl.