LADIES HELP!! How do you wear bold lipstick?

I don't want to look like a clown, but I want my lipstick to stand out and pop. I want my lips to be the centre of attention. How do I achieve this effect? How do I wear the rest of my makeup on my face? by the way I have fair neutral skin tone.

If anyone has pictures that would be so helpful too!

Most Helpful Girl

• When I wear bold lipstick... I go all out with all of my make up. I don't... tone down the eyes and play up the lips. I go 150% lmao. Neutral and light skin? I think it'll look more whore-ish if you have lots of eyeliner on too... I think. So maybe it is a good idea to not go crazy with the eyeliner. Maybe brown eyeliner instead of black, very thin line, minimal mascara, if any... and then the bold lips.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• If you wear a bold lip, tone down the eye makeup. You still need to wear some eyes makeup, of course, but not as much. A light smoky eye would work as well. For celebrity inspiration, go look at Taylor Swift and old Hollywood celebrities, or just red carpet looks. Here are some links to inspire you..

www.marieclaire.co.uk/.../...ck-a-list-beauty.html

www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/.../beauty-trend-red-lipstick

Also, try on lots of red lipstick, and see which color fits you the best. You can do this by going to makeup stores and asking the workers there. Hope I helped and good luck! :)

• I have yet to be able to pull it off. I always have to stick with a pink but I've never gone red. I have a super pale complexion and I have blonde hair.

• Yeah, it's hard. I want to go for red or a vibrant pink or purple or fuchsia.

• Like the other girls said to, if you go bold in one area, lay off the others. I like to have people to look me in the eye, so my eye make up is what I apply more boldly. If you want to wear daring lip colors, tone down your eye make up. It's all about experimenting and balance.

• remember: if you do bold lips (like a very dark, or bright colour) keep your eye make-up very neutral

if you do a dark/smokey eye, keep your lips neutral (use a lighter/nude colour)

• Do a natural smokey eye look..

• wear a pale shade of foundation (though not so pale that it contrasts the rest of your body), no blush and a little mascara. You can also use a pencil lip-liner (or whatever those things are called, I can never remember lol) to accentuate your lips even more. I have pale skin and big lips so I do this a lot. Mostly I use red or black lipstick, sometimes purple.

• I'm really pale, and when I wear bright lipstick (bright red) I usually have dark makeup on, but since you want the lips to be the focal point wear light eye makeup - pale tones and black mascara with little eyeliner.

• when I tone down the eyes something still looks wrong. Like, I have to put at least a little eyeliner/mascara on or it looks weird with the lips.

• Just wear a light color on the eyes with thin eyeliner and mascara then. (: Just don't make them as bright as your lips

• Tone down on the eyes, and go for a neutral look. Then you can make the mouth stand out. Do not under any circumstances, wear red lips (or purple or whatever) and then a different color on the eyes. Brown is the most colorful you can do, if the lips kicks ass.