Is it weird taking a picture to the barber?

I'm going to the barber tomorrow and I have a haircut in mind that I want but I don't know how to explain it to him so I was going to put a pic on my phone and show him. Is that weird? There are jokes about people who bring pictures to barbers.. I figured they'd prefer if you bought a picture if you can't explain it. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope - it's not weird. I always do this. I do it with the colors I want to dye my hair, or the style I want. It helps the stylist get a better thought of what you're wanting. You could word something and it could be completely different in their mindset. However, showing a picture can help them view the cutting style, lengths, etc.

What Girls Said 8

• No. It's the only way you can make sure you get what you want - that and choosing a really good barber.

• No, I've done it before. Hairdressers always get my hair wrong (so much so, I go every 8 months or so) so that's the only way I can make sure they've got the right hairstyle in their head.
    I'd like to know what those jokes are though.

• Always take a picture! They will use it as inspiration to get the same look based on your face shape and features.

• I'm a girl and its the only way I can get a hair stylist to cut my hair the way I want it.

I always here guys complain that their hair wasn't right, but if they didn't take a picture with them, it's their own fault.

• I've done it before when getting a hair cut and I brought something I printed off the internet haha so what ever people do it all the time :)

• no it isn't

• Thats great idea. So they know whattl style you want. I have done that before :)

• Nope I have done it before. So the hair dresser has an idea what type of hair cut I want. It's not weird at all.

What Guys Said 8

• not weird at all. its your money you're going to spend and you want your hair cut exactly how you want it and can't depend on the barbers judgment to get it right without some idea of what it looks like so its all good man. bring a picture. if anything I would think you're a dumb ass for not bringing a picture and expecting them to know exactly what you want by description only.

• I never knew there were jokes when doing this. I've brought pictures to my stylist pretty much every time I go for something new. Works out well for me since they see exactly what I'm aiming for. Never had any problems with it, just gotten what I wanted and nothing is lost in translation.

Even if it is somehow weird, I'd recommend it so you give them a good idea of what you want without fuss.

• I've done it before. Everything was totally fine.

• I reckon it was weird before smart phones when you had to either cut it out of a magazine or print it off. Lol coming in with a big piece of paper to a barber shop.

• I think it's fine to bring a picture. If people laugh, so what? At least you got a haircut you want

• I've done it

• as long as it's not picture of you in a speedo

• lots of people do it. its normal. go for it