Are cut off shorts still in fashion?

I was thinking instead of buying shorts, it would be simpler to make shorts from the jeans I already own. So is this a good thing to do or faux pas?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you do them right, they'll look the exact same as regular shorts. I cut off a pair of my skinny jeans that had gotten a big hole in the knee. I put them on first and marked where I wanted to cut. I always mark it a little lower than the length I want them to be, because I roll up the bottom of my shorts (I only like shorts with cuffs). After marking, I take them off and fold one leg over the other (making sure to align the legs as perfectly as possible). I take a simple pair of paper scissors and cut in a straight line where the mark is. And I'm done!

As straight as I try to cut it, the ends never come out totally even, which is another reason why I roll the bottom up twice, it hides any unevenness.

What Guys Said 1

• Anything these days are still in fashion

What Girls Said 2

• They are, but they are also super trashy.

• Do what you want. They don't look bad... I still wear them.