Ladies, how much makeup do you wear? Guys, how much do you like on a girl?

Girls, on average, how much make-up do you wear? Personally, I typically just wear concealer, foundation, and mascara every day. Sometimes I wear more though if I'm going out or something.

For guys, how much make-up do you like on a girl?

In the poll, I'm referring to how much you would wear on an average basis.

• I prefer natural, no makeup
  • I prefer subtle makeup
  • I prefer noticeable makeup but not a lot
  • I prefer a full face of makeup
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I kinda view make up as lying and those who wear it as insecure sheeple. I know this isn't a popular point of view but I don't care.

• Ahhh I actually didn't mean to select this as MH. You got lucky :P Lol but thanks for your response:)

• I honestly think makeup is one of the best invintions ever. I had really bad acne ( not that just get some proactive acne but like I was on an acne prescription that caused me to have slight depression), and I was so ashamed I couldn't even leave my house because myself confidence got so low. But makeup let me leave my house. Now I'm gradually recovering from my acne. I've informed every boyfriend and girlfriend I've had that I have really bad acne.
      Honestly makeup allows you to see what person looks like without all of life's stupid mile stones.

• If you wear it to cover a scar or acne or something then meh not such a big deal.

The problem is that the way make up is worn is to artificially replicate the biological signals your body sends to suggest that you are virile and interested sexually in someone (big bright eyes, smooth skin, swollen lips etc..) This is all normally subconscious body language communication that our brains evolved over millions of years to read and wearing make up seriously screws with this process.

It is akin to deliberately sexually flirting with every guy you meet in every social situation imaginable but never (or almost never) actually meaning it and following through.

What Guys Said 16

• Don't use to much makeup. To me that's screaming "look at me guys". On the instant i can tell that your not satisfied with yourself and that your in need of attention.
    I give you an example to make myself more understandable: If there is a wound, you don't just cover it but clean it, treat it and then cover in the right way.
    Instead of using makeup, use foods to make your skin prettier by eating the right ones and lots of other things you can do to make yourself look better that doesn't include layers on your face.

On the other hand, after my taste, a little makeup is required but with balance. The makeup that lifts your beauty out and not which covers your imperfection because that's part of you too. And everyone has some!

Summarizing myself. Use discrete makeup, minimalistic is sexier. :)

• 2|0
  • Ugh. Most guys prefer girls to wear just a little bit. Some mascara, maybe some eyeliner, and that's pretty much it. Nothing extreme. Guys want to still see you for you. Guys don't want to see a girl's face covered with powder and other things.

• I voted B... just enough to notice it but really subtle.
    Sometimes you see ladies that look like a DIY job with cement... such a turn off!
    By the way: the make-up you're wearing on your profile pic is fine - nice, fresh look :-)

• Well thank you! Yeah I don't have a lot on in my pic but I am wearing some:)

• I would say natural or a very very little bit. I would prefer to like a girl who did buy into all the fashion and pop culture stereotypes

• Some is ok, too much makes a girl look like a stripper. Not enough shows a girl doesn't care to look nice for her guy. I guess in moderation.

• I really have no idea. I've never seen a woman with makeup and without makeup to really see the difference. I do like the mascara look though

• Some mascara is okay, but I consider it a plus when she doesn't have any make up on. That means she has selfesteem and that way I know what she really looks like.
    However, I don't consider a girl with a lot of make up a bad thing.

• matters on how good looking she is. if she looks bad with make up too she can go with whatever she likes

• I agree with sovetskii13

• none. dont like it

• I prefer little to no makeup.

• guys aren't allowed to wear any make-up?

• Makeup is fine with me. As long its not overdone.

• I prefer subtle if any. Your picture? Maybe just a little much on the red but noting bothersome. You look absolutely gorgeous.

• In my picture I'm only wearing chapstick and eye makeup. Lol I have no idea why my cheeks look so pink if that's what you were referring to. But thank you very much! :)

• Sorry it's probably this monitor I'm using. But it doesn't look bad lol.

• Oh by the way you own me no thanks but you're welcome!

• beware the guys who say a. many of them dont know what 'natural' actually is. most guys dont understand makeup.

you might as well ask girls about approach technique hahaha

• I was a theatre major for two years (and had many roles as old men), so I do know a little something about makeup :)

What Girls Said 25

• I prefer this:

s5.favim.com/.../...beautiful-Favim.com-755101.jpg (usually go for the natural makeup - almost no makeup, but still some to accentuate some features)

www.emexevents.co.uk/.../...s-and-Tutorials-18.jpg -also cute

Waaaaayyyyyyyy too much makeup:

http://i.shoppinglifestyle.com/slides/2252.jpg

• First off if guys knew what most of us looked like without makeup, they would want is to wear makeup. They just dot understand so sometimes they think we're not wearing makeup when we are
    But I wear primer, foundation, concealer ( I have bad acne, powder ( oily skin ), mascara, eyeliner, tinted lip balm, and sometimes eyeliner everyday

• On an average basis I only wear mascara and eye-liner or nothing at all.

• I use subtle makeup. Some mascara, a little eyebrow pencil, and some concealer to cover up my dark circles/spots.

• I don't wear make up every day, I used to. I probably only wear it a couple times a week now? When I do, it's like in my profile picture.

• Subtle to no makeup at all. I don't need it.

• Me.. Believe it or not, i dont wear make up every single day.. I only wear make up on special occasions even which that consist of foundation, mascara, eyeliner, lipgloss and a bronzer.

• I wear foundation to even out my skin tone, with a little bit of eyeliner and a coat of mascara.

• I hardly ever wear make-up. Sometimes for a special event I wear foundation, lip gloss and eyeliner.

• Oh I do wear lip balm every day to stop my lips from cracking.

• I've actually read that there's somthing in lipbalms that dry out your lips more therefore the reappliance of the balm and purchases of it, vaselines your best bet

• Ok thanks, I'll try Vaseline :)

• i wear concealer to cover red spots, compact powder, lip balm n eyeliner :)

• I don't wear it everyday but if I had the money & time I would. No matter how good you look, you can always look better.

• I don't wear makeup unless a special occasion. Even then its gloss/lipstick or eye liner usually.

• It's funny you mention this because I just finished applying my makeup! I usually just go with eyeliner, mascara, and a little something to my lips (lipstick, lip stain, lip color, etc).

• I wear none everyday.

• I wear a full face of makeup. But it's not too noticeable and i just stick to natural colors.

• i personally wear ''no-makeup makeup'' on a daily basis. mascara and foundation. and i apply a little bit eyeliner on outer corners of my eyelids. oh and highlighter for cheekbones.

it looks very natural :D

• I only use lipbalm to have soft lips in case of kissing, other than that nothing. But my boyfriend says he prefer to be me natural so thats why i am so comfortable with wearing no make up.

• I usually just apply a self tanner and no make up during the summer. Its hot and just pours off your face. In the winter just a BB Cream to cover up a break out.

• I rarely wear any, unless I'm going out somewhere. I'll wear eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick but that's it.

• Powder
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Lipstick
    Eyeshadow
    Eyebrowpencil

• Moisturizer and lip balm then im all set

• I've never wore make up... I'd like to wear someday but I'm afraid to look worse

• I only wear eyeliner, but i can live without make-up

• i literally only wear mascara, to make my eyes pop a little bit. thats all. I've never been into applying makeup but i think it looks really pretty on other people, as long as its not excessive.

• I haven't wore no makeup in 4 years and my skin is lovely and my boyfriend thinks im beautiful without it on, all makeup does apart from making you look good when its on nice is clogg up your pores and actually ages your skin over time

• Ohh you don't understand you never suffered from severe acne

• I used to be spotty and on my shoulders/back but the worst thing is to cover your spots with make up because of the oils in it and it cloggs poures and your skin can't breath but i found a soap that i used and the next day they will have either gone or gone down and its called pear soap its like a orange colour oval shape and it works wonders leaves your skin soft and refreshed, everyones different but its worth a try :) or doctors can give yoy tablets or a cream but dont use the cream, i used it and it mafe my face go really dry and crack to the point it was like an open wound round my mouth my friends has the same issue as me

Type pear soap into google and its in stores like boots, body care, asda etc

Hope this helps

• If you use high quality makeup, it doesn't clog up your pores. It only clogs up your pores when you use cheap makeup and don't exfoliate and wash your face properly.