What's a good way to dress when meeting a girl you like for the first time in person?

I met a girl on fb and we're going to meet up first week of college. I plan on asking her out then but I want to know what would be best to wear to match the situation. I was thinking either a black or white v-neck or a button down shirton dark blue jeans to keep it simple. Any suggestions, especially from the girls?

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm gonna go with a black button down and cargo pants since all of you agree that's the best choice. Got to dress to impress! I'll see if I can put an update after I meet her in a week or two. Thanks for all the help!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• Button down shirt for sure, make a good impression. I have a soft spot in my heart for a guy who wears button up shirts, I just think they look really nice.

It shows that he puts effort into his look and wants to impress the girl (which I find flattering). I don't have too many guys putting any effort into things for me recently, so it would be a welcome surprise :)

• I like the idea. I'm probably gonna go with that. Should I roll the sleeves or not though? I usually like rolling the sleeves cause it's more comfortable.
      I'm sure you'll find someone that will put in this much effort to impress you btw! Just a matter of time right? :)

• I find a guy really attractive in a button down with a few of the buttons left open to show just the collar bone, and if the date gets more casual, roll up the sleeves to reveal the forearms... girls can be teased with a little skin too... but casual is key.

• I was thinking the button down was a better choice for a first impression. I like your style tips too. Thanks!

• Well first week of college, assuming it's likely hot, button down is always good. A plain white v neck is also good if you're in good shape, but if summer holiday has got to you and the food just kept coming for you like it did for me, then i'd go with the button down and jeans or the better looking shorts. Also, if you have any hair, style it nicely and shave nicely or trim :) But most of all, smile!

• Thanks for the advice. Luckily I've managed to not pig out this summer lol. Any above for the hair? I've got kinda wavy hair medium length that just sticks out all over the place.

• hmm, maybe just brush it up and try and tame it!

• Good idea I'll try. I'm probably getting a haircut a week or two before moving in so hopefully it'll be a little more manageable lol

• Casually. Button down shirt and cargo shorts... might be the winning combination.

www.upscalehype.com/.../...onquin-Cargo-Shorts.jpg

I mean... look at that... =)

• I mean it seems like the best choice, especially since most of the responses seem to lean that way lol. Thanks!

• Well go for it then. Looks great. ^-^

• As long as you dress like you look like you put effort into it, you should be fine.

Some of the things I see guys wear when they're meeting a girl they're trying to impress is... kinda lame. SOME effort goes a long way, impression wise.

• Cargo shorts. They're like yoga shorts for women: make the gentleman's butt look awesome.

• Lol, I don't have cargo shorts but I'm gonna assume cargo pants do the same thing right?

• Lol thanks! I'm kinda nervous and excited too but then again who isn't when it comes to these situations right?

• Exactly! Good thing you asked!

• i would go for black a lot of girl go for black it you would look great in it

• Definitely a button down

• Hmm that's what I thought. Much better first impression right? Especially if I'm gonna ask her out that night right?

What Guys Said 2

• so you're going to meet at the college? or just during the first week of college time frame?

• We're going to meet up after move in day. So hopefully the weekend before classes start.

• well since you're just meeting up honestly don't dress to impress. save that for when you actually do go on a date or something. don't blow all your chips on the first hand lol. I say go somewhat casual, you can add some style if you want like semi-casual but treat it as a normal meet up for the first time. don't overdo it.

• Ok makes sense. Thanks for your help!

• Smart casual.