I wanna nose piercing but everyone is getting them lately?

i have been saving up for a while for one and lately there is about 10 girls i know with one and i dont like being like everyone else and also people are saying that nose piercings are slutty, whats up with that, should i get one now?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nose piercings will put of an image of being sexually open or that whole "screw the establishment" sort of idea.

My problem with nose piercings is that you will have a harder time finding a job then if you had no piercings at all ( not including earings but not including gauges).

Employers are not suppose to discriminate but the reality of the matter is that first impressions will either help or hinder you from getting a job. Most job dress codes do not allow for nose or untraditional piercings, /including/ working in a restaurant or "burger flipping" because of the sanitation risk.

• Not necessarily true. I have never had problems finding jobs, and are being offered plenty. Right now I work in a store, where the dress code 'demands' us to look Sharp, and be trendsetters. :)

• inorite? especially when they have plugs that are like half a foot and piercings all over their face lol. image sells anything and a good proper image is also wanted for almost everything.

• Right? And the other thing people don't realize that when you're a teenager, piercings won't effect your job hiring prospects as much as when you start looking for a career to live the rest of your life on.

What Guys Said 3

• I wanted a lip ring in high school but then all the guys started doing it and I was like... yeah... fuck this... I hate following the trend sometimes lol.

• The biggest trend is actively trying to be different rather than just doing what you want

• No, the biggest trend is to go against corporate society by doing the same rebellious thing.

• That's pretty much what I just said

• They're pretty meh and have only looked good on about 2 girls I have seen.

• that shit is still trending? lol

What Girls Said 8

• Who cares what everyone else is doing. People too often stop doing what they want or love because of other people. Just say fuck it and get one

• No they are not slutty! I don't have one myself, but I do have a belly peircing. Tounge peircings seem like the most slutty one. Maby where you live people believe that they are slutty. Different places have different trends and meanings. I honostly can't see how nose peircings can be slutty. This is just my opinion: nipple peircings and tounge peircings are the most slutty. But I guess that at some point, & to some people all peircings seem slutty.

• Who cares what other people are doing. Whether they're getting one because everyone else is getting one or because they are actually getting one for their own satisfaction is their choice. Do you, boo.

• I reaalllyyy wanted my nose pierced when I was 14 (I'm almost 18 now), and my mom told me I could get one when I turned 16, but when I turned 16 I almost didn't want it anymore because they became so common.. I don't think nose piercings are slutty and I don't see how they would be related to anything sexual. I'd say if you reeeaallyyy want it, then go for it, but if you aren't sure then wait a while and see if you still want it. There's no rush

• I don't really focus on what everyone else is doing. Do what you want

• Also, if you have allergies, the chances of the piercing getting infected are so damn high.

You need to make this decision for you, but keep in mind health and your future job reasons.

• goes both ways:P

• get one if you want one. dont base your decisions on what other people think. if you like it, good! thats really only what matters.. a piece of jewelry in your nose isn't "slutty". only actions can be slutty. and haha, news flash, there's about 10 million people in the world with nose piercings. dont sweat it..

• Get a different kind if your so worried about what others think.

• Yea lots of people get them now.. I don't care personally, I have mine, because I think it's pretty. Just do what you wan't :)