Should I change for guys to like me?

Should i be like all the other girls. My ex told me he would like me better if i was like them. Others say im ugly. I use to not be shy and be very confident until i was be bullied (still am). All the guys look at the pretty girls and then there's me alone. Should i change my personality and the way i look to be noticed and talked to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone could stand to change at least a little. I know most people will say, "Just be yourself and the right person will come along." That is a load of bull and deep down we all know it. In any relationship, people need to make certain sacrifices to attract, and make the other person happy.

So yes you should change some things about yourself, but not to a point where you become unhappy as a result, or that you are pretending to be something you are not. Like someone else already said. You should be trying to change into a better version of yourself.

What Guys Said 8

• I have this same problem. My calm laid back personality isn't exactly what girls want and it really puts them off. But I won't change that aspect about me for anyone. I have changed my appearance though but I still like the clothes I wear so I'm staying true to myself. My advice is stay the way you are so a guy will love you for YOU.

• Be the best real version of you.

• No, be you. Somewhere out there there's a guy who's been looking for someone like you his whole life!

• You don't change your personality, why are you sweating about your ex? He not going to say anything nice, so why even bother? Don't change. Be yourself and ignore the others.

• No. There is nothing I hate more than a girl who pretends to like cartoons and video games so I'll like her, then doesn't want to watch cartoons or play video games because they're childish.

• Be yourself and the right guy will come along.

• Yeah sure, go ahead

• Never change to please anybody. There are guys out there looking for a girl like you.

What Girls Said 5

• No.
    But you could listen to kheserthorpe - he has a great point.

• You shouldn't change yourself to get the approval of other people who don't even matter. Your ex is an ex for a reason. Screw what he said. If you were to change your appearance only do it for you and not anyone else. If someone can't accept you for the person you already are then screw them too.

• No. You shouldn't care what your ex says about you, he's probably lying. The people who bully you are probably jealous. Ignore them all and be yourself. One day you'll find the perfect person for you (not some fake wannabe). :)

• You shouldn't have to change everything about yourself just to please a guy. If you have to change for him to notice you, he's not worth it. Just be yourself. The right guy will come along sooner or later. Hope that helps:-)

• No. Don't change. If they want another type of girl, then they can go get another girl.