Personality behind this style?

www.kayture.com/.../_DSC0474.JPG
37.media.tumblr.com/.../...6flvAN1rckuolo1_500.jpg
How would you assume a person's character and personality traits dressed like this? This is my style and people assume I'm confident and secure but I'm a actually a shy girl with lots of insecurities who just loves fashion. Apparently this makes me come off as an arrogant person :( should I change my style?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I would definitely read you as somebody who is dismissive of men who aren't making an effort to look like GQ models, and would expect you to think that people should act like they are told to by such magazines.

Whether you were a coworker or somebody I met while out, you'd not be somebody I make an effort to engage.

In some sense our style really is a reflection of who we are, so while you can try to change your appearance, all you're going to wind up doing is making yourself feel uncomfortable in your own skin. You should do what makes you feel good about yourself.

What Guys Said 6

• Nah I wouldn't assume you are confident and secure, but definitely a preppy girl who loves fashion. Yeah the stereotype is that girls like that are stuck up, arrogant, etc. I don't believe that.

Your style is your style. Be who you are. Don't try to please the world, because if you are different than the stereotypes or don't fit what others want to fit you in then the world won't like you anyway. Be confident in who you are. If you are a shy girl who loves fashion then be a shy girl who loves fashion. Forget the world's thoughts.

• I would definitely assume confidence if I saw someone dresses like that.

And is that Tay-Tay?
    She's hawt <3

• The first girl is Kristina Bazan she is a fashion blogger, I love her style!

• No, I mean the girl in the 2nd pic on the right. That's Taylor Swift, right?

But the first girl is hot, too.

• Um... I dont know im a dude, wear some jay's put a flat cap on maybe a wife beater and some jeans and you good to go, you're welcome

• If you like something about yourself, why change it.

• Never understood that... why girls who dress fashionably, aren't confident. I'm not saying girls who don't do this, aren't confident either, I'm just saying I thought clothes like this were supposed to make you feel good because you "look good".

• Don't change your style. I live in a very rural area, and since I started to dress in the male eqivelance to this, I ocassionally get ridiculed for it. I wear a tie (or bowtie), a button-up shirt, and (in winter) sweater everyday. The hicks call me f** behind my back and stare at me. They say I seem very pompus, arrogant, and that I think I'm better than everyone. What I've discovered to be true is that I simply intimidate them. I'm six foot two inches, dark haired, I workout, I'm an honors student and I dress sharp. The over all opinion I receive from friends, my girlfriend, family, and ocassionally random people off the street is that I dress sharp, and that I have a very imposing presence. My girlfriend said she was very intimidated when she first meet me. Now the point of this not so humble ramble is to show you that not only does dressing nice intimidate people, but it can make them jealous. Keep dressing the way you do, it's a very respectable and classy look that unfortunately not many women adopt. Don't let certain people's opinions diminish your self-pride.

Me, and the people I associate with would consider you a very respectable, classy, and confident individual :) Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• u look confident, sexy, super hot. u don't need to change. infact a guy would be lucky to have such a good looking girl with a nice figure