What do girls think of guys who are into fashion as much as or more than what they are?

I'm a guy who is really into fashion I read fashion magazines and go out shopping as mush as girls do even more. No I'm not gay

but some my ex girlfriends found it weird when I knew what brands they were wearing, and I knew what's in fashion for women and men.Is this weird or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• :O I wish there was more of you, I think that would be something a lot of girls really like in a guy as long as there is a manly balance involved, for example I'm obsessed with fashion like to the max, but I also love to restore old beat up cars and motorcycles, I no I'm a girl.. so its different but as long as you balance out the things you like girls of course will never be turned off by it, it also shows a lot about your personality to be able to love something like that all on you own, that makes it even more unique and better!

What Girls Said 14

• My boyfriends brother is a bit clued up on fashion. I think its a good thing, Like, he's one to take shopping and cause he's a guy he'll give an honest opinion. Plus he buys his girlfriend amazing shoes as presents. I'd have to hint like hell to get my boyfriend to buy me shoes I like, lol.

• i honestly don't mind if my guy is into fashion or if he's not, that's ok too.

i don't mind my boyfriend not being adept in fashion as I am but I do expect if we go to important occassions, that we do indeed look the part

i would appreciate if he had a sense of style, other wise I would not hang otu with him

• Well it is a little weird just because it's so unusual to find a guy into fashion, however I don't see a problem with it since having a guys opinion on clothing can be very helpful, and to find a guy willing to go shopping is amazingly rare.

• It is nice that you are able to appreciate nice clothes and the work a girl goes through to look nice. However it is unusual, but not saying it;s a bad thing. I wouldn't go around flaunting that though. I might find it a litle odd if a boyfriend of mine was that into fashion, bt I would probably end up tihnking it was pretty cool. But not if he walked around talking fashion all the time, I don't even do that.

• i like it =) you belong to the new generation of guys. I find it amusing that there are now guys out there who will understand girls in terms of shopping.

• Personally, I appreciate a guy who likes to take the time to look good.

Make jokes with your girlfriends about how you know as much about fashion as they do. It is pretty funny.

I would avoid shouting out something like "Is that the new Prada?" or whatever lol

Just avoid telling your girlfriends that you know what brand of clothes they are wearing. Instead just compliment them and tell them they look really pretty in that dress or whatever.. or if she is carrying a nice purse just say I really like this new bag you are carrying... tell her she has good taste.

or maybe you just need to find a girl who loves fashion as much as you do.

but yah personally I don't think it's all that weird.

• Yeah the brand thing...not good. people could mistake you for being gay or metro and you don't want that. but dude fashion is really an edge. girls def like that.

DTD knows her stuff.

• I think its NICE FOR A CHANGE! girls spend an hour getting ready in the morning and most guys don't even bother brushing their hair before they go out! It shows a girl that they take pride and care in themselves. I think it shows that they care about keeping up with what is in style and looks nice. It's the opposite of appearing gay I think. However, if you spend a lot more time getting ready than I do, its not exactly a turn on either. A happy medium is good!

• No, it's not weird, I'm kinda into fashion so I think it's cool. And it's good cause most guys are pretty clueless when it comes to that, heh.

• Some girls like it, and some girls don't. It's all about personal taste. Personally, I would like it because I could take him shopping with me and he could give his opinion and we could spend some time together. But it would be awesome because you can kiss him and shop with him! That's like a girl that likes to drink beer and watch football. You would make a great boyfriend to a spend thrift. Hope that helps! :)

• personally I'd rather have a best friend guy that's into fashion so he could like give me fashion tips and everything...but in this case if your a nice guy then you shouldn't be judged on if your into fashion or not, your ex girlfriends probably got weirded out because maybe they though you were gay or something since a lot of men fashion designers are gay. as for me it would depend on the guy if I was weirded out by him being into fashion...but it also depends on the girl

• Yeah, its kinda odd, and gay. I'm sure your'e not gay, but girls like their guys to not really care about stuff like that. Its an automatic homo label. But some girls do like that in guys, so I don't think there's any reason to change it if that's who you are.

• I think its great! If your well dressed and stylish then it shows that you care about your appearance and not to mention it attracts allot of girls if you know about fashion :)

• I would love a guy like you as my shopping companion, a good guy friends for sure. Now would I date you?No, you're not my type, I rather have you as a friend cause you seem fun to go shopping with and share good ideas about fashion. I'm a model so I like to have guys friends like you, but no boyfriends like you.

• whatever floats ur boat

What Guys Said 1

• Some women think too much - its how they get themselves into trouble all the time! LOL Just be yourself and don't worry abot what others think. I have friends who are in their 40 and single still - everyone thinks they are gay but I know some personal tragities in their past to make then not interested in relationships -

Small minded people have nothing better to do with thier time. Be glad they are Ex's

PS your called metrosexual and its very common today. maybe the girls you dated should pick up a magazine themselves and catch up to the times