Do you have to be tall to be involved in the modelling industry?

Its so annoying i would like to be involved in it but I'm to small by a lot, Im not 18, yet and I'm only 5'2 :/

Anyone know any famous small models?

hahaha thanks for any answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• You could do photomodelling if you're short. there's still a chance.

• What do you mean photo modelling? Is 5'2 really short?

• Aw okay! I will never see myself in any big magazines then </3 hahha

• Haha
      You never knowww!

What Guys Said 3

• Being tall is a great advantage.

• Aw thats so sad haha, looks like i will have to find another career lol

• Yes , you have to be at least 6.2 feet which means that you are a ft away from modelling ,,, sorry !

• Aw mannnn, sad times haha

• You see kids? If you believe in magic its always gonna work :D ! NOW SAY THAT IT WORKED ! :p

• Yes its a requirement , 5'7 is the shortest they'll accept from girls , sometimes I've seen 5'6 models though

What Girls Said 2

• I was a model in my mid to late teens - I am 5'7 - the minimum height requirement was 5'6. I did runway and commercial stuff but catalog models can be under 5'5. If you call around to different agencies, you'll find one that represents shorter models. So the answer to your question is definitely yes. Get some professional photos taken and put together a small portfolio to submit to different agencies.

• Okay thanks! I really hope i grow though, as i wish i could one day be runway, not because i think i think I'm amazing but i just like that kind of thing :)

• Depends on the agency, for example, Models1 requires models to be at least 5'8. For runway and high fashion, I think you need to be around 5'7/5'8. Some agencies will take models of any height.

To start, maybe you could go on Model Mayhem (just be careful on there though, generally work with people who have good testimonials) and start collaborating with photographers and make up artists in your area. :)

• Okay thanks! Is model mayhem a genuine site?:)

• Yep, it has models, make up artists, stylists ect. Good for portfolio building. I would maybe wait until you are 18 though. :)

• Okay thank you!!:D