Denim Jackets-Yay or Nay?

How do you wear them properly so that it doesn't look like you're stuck in the '90s? And what do you wear them with? Or should I avoid them altogether?

Yeah, I'm talking about the cropped ones, not the traditional ones; those look kinda funky. I know they're hard to pull off but I've got an itching to wear one lately. When I see them, I feel tingling nostalgic and happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can do so much with a cute cropped denim jacket. One of my favorite looks is pairing a cropped denim jacket with a cute and casual sundress with a nice print and is cut just slightly above the knee with flats. It's a great way to wear one, I think. You can also try various types of layering with different shirts under the jacket and wear capris with it, if dresses aren't your thing. Try experimenting to see what you like. :) Just don't pair denim jackets with denim jeans, because that' would be way too much denim.

What Guys Said 4

• Denim jackets are always in fashion, as they always project a relaxed vibe. Stuck in the 90's you say? I was wearing denim jackets in the early 70's, as they were probably more popular then than they are now.

• Even the '50s--James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause.

• Yeah, they really are timeless.

• My grandma wears a denim jacket. Don't. End of story.

• for the most part ehhhhhhh most likely not but only some people can pull them off

but if you can pull it off def go for it

cause they went out a while ago lol

but if you have that certain flare and confidence then ur unbeatable =)

• if it was a cold day and I saw a girl in a slightly too large, off white/cream colored denim jacket, I'd think it was very cute.

What Girls Said 6

• I think cropped jean jackets are a more modern twist on the jean jacket. You can wear that with dresses. And even regular jean jackets look cute with little knit dresses. That is the most modern way I can think of wearing them, Although you can wear them with graphic tees too but that might be kind of 90s.

This is really cute:

link

• Yeah, I like that look. Dark denim is cool. I feel like light denim is a '90s trademark. Makes me think of 90210 for some reason.

• Haha you can always put like a nice oxford shirt with it too

i don't know why everyone is dissing jean jackets, you can dress them up

• i am not a fan but if you can coordinate it in your outfit, then why not?

not my style but if it's what you want, go do it :-)

• just say no

• Hmmmm even the cropped jackets I'm not a fan of, my personal opinoin of course, I just always look like I'm 12 when I'm wearing them, haha, not good for me

• A dark denim, with a little bling and a cute necklace..and kep it open with a colorful babydoll top under neath..:)

• yay!

• yay