Body Images? Seeing bones too skinny?

Some people want thigh gaps, to be able to see their ribs, to just feel comfortable in their bodies. is it too much to be able to see your bones just to be happy with your body? like collar bones? Ribs? or thigh gaps?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like being "model" skinny is sort of going out of style per say... now its more of the workout toned as fuck nice booty is more in.

I dont want a thigh gap... I want a smack worth ass

I dont want my ribs to show... I want to see the outlines of my abs

I dont care if my collarbone sticks out... I want toned arms that dont flap around

Get fit and healthy not sickly and skinny I say! 👍

What Guys Said 2

• Women in the olympics have the best bodies. Like taaylormaarie said below, it's all about being fit and healthy. Everyone has a different body type. If you eat right and exercise you will be making the best of whatever body type you have.

• Yes i think seeing bones is too skinny

What Girls Said 3

• I think that when a person is actually concerned about bone structure, the quest to thinness is getting too unrealistic or extreme. Being thin shouldn't be about seeing certain bones or stuff like that. And that thigh gap thing is really unrealistic because it depends entirely on bone structure. I'm a size zero and I don't have a thigh gap because I have narrow hips. I'd have to literally starve to have one.

I think that more emphasis should be put on being fit than anything. I know plenty of very thin girls who are flabby and sedentary. Lots of people make weight and clothing sizes a priority but I think it should be about being active, being toned, and losing excess body fat. That's way more realistic than trying to get visible collar bones, ribs, and thigh gaps.

• you are right but with our media very concerned on looks and sizes its hard not to find the "easy way" to "look good"

• To me it's easier to be fit than thin for most people. It's easy to be thin when you have a fast metabolism, and/or small bone structure. But then there's the people with slow metabolisms, and larger bone structures. Obviously it's going to be harder for them to be thin.

You can get fit just by being active. Walking, running, bike riding, swimming, going for hikes, rollerblading, dancing, there's a lot of fun ways to get active that don't feel really feel like exercise. Getting fit only seems hard once you get used to a sedentary lifestyle. Then it's hard to motivate yourself to get up and get moving. But once you get used to getting up and going, the fitness will come.

• Well, Im not happy, until my ribs stick out, and my hip bones are poking sharp. Thats just my ideal :)

• I want to be borderline anorexic thin. Just to see if I'm happy. Odds are I won't be though.